Username Post: Unspired days        (Topic#1588047)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

do you ever try to do a project and no matter how hard you try it just doesn't work out. I'm having one of those days .

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to cescrapper

Yep, quite often!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to ChansGram

To answer your question...yes.

Hopefully, it's not something that has to be done right now/today...If not, sometimes it can be helpful to just walk away, come back later & view it again with a fresh pair of eyes.

HTH!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

What exactly are you working on?

A layout? A gift? An altered project? etc?

Is it not meshing? Are you missing supplies, certain embellishments, or what not?

Sometimes posting a pic or just talking it out (here on the board) can be just as equally helpful!

(Hey, that's what we're here for! = support, encouragement & a lending ear!)

p.s. We've all been there!

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to KellyCali

Yes, this happens to me when I'm tired, or sad about something (unresolved conflict). I take a break to rest or journal about what is bugging me, and then I return to the project.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bonprof

Cue the chocolate..........

Seriously, I find that if I walk away for a while and then come back, things work out.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Luvmyfam

Yup, no point continuing when that happened to me - it just made me frustrated and it was supposed to be fun. It'll still be there tomorrow.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to scrappercaz

I am going throgh something and i did put my project aside. No chocolate to fall back on. I should keep some on hand just for that purpose.

anyway i put it aside and today is another day. I went through some cuts i've already made and volia things i can work with.

I was trying to use up some scraps on card fronts and they needed some embellishing and i couldn't figure out how to make it better.

What i already had on hand worked so here we go.

I like the journaling idea as well.
thanks ladies.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to cescrapper

Putting your project aside is a good choice. It works for me and sometimes browsing through my inspiration folder. It will come back to you. I had it once with a huge project I was working on and ended up completely frustrated. I put it aside for more than a year and did some other things. This year I started again and will finish it this weekend.

So we all have been there, hope things will look brighter for you soon!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics