Username Post: Scrapbooking Magazines        (Topic#1588107)
crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

What is the name of a really good scrapbooking magazine? I've looked through the magazines at JoAnn's, and it's hard to find ones just for scrapbooking. When I do it's hard to tell if it's a good one. Is there one that's the most consistently good? I'd like to try to find a copy in one of the stores and maybe buy it.

I've looked through tons of the lay-outs here but would like to have a hands-on magazine to look through, too. Thanks.

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to crichards1

My faves are Creating Keepsakes and Scrapbooks Etc. But Scrap Etc is. Stopping publicattion after Auugust. So sad!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to lakauai

SB Etc already ceased print publication and replaced their subscriptions with Better Homes & Gardens. I've been receiving the latter for several editions now and I sure do miss SB etc.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Shutterbugg

Well, I subscribe to Canadian Scrapbooker and it is fabulous! There is always tons of inspiration, articles on different techniques, an article on photography, usually a few cards as well.....
They will ship to the U.S. and they have a website that you can google if you are interested...

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to kiyawinn

Thank you lakauai and Alison. I'll definitely check those out.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Unfortunately, many of them have closed over the last few years. Creating Keepsakes is still around, but I doubt I'll be renewing. The magazine keeps getting skimpier and skimpier, and often refers me to the digital edition or their website.

I really like Somerset Memories Magazine by Stampington and Company. It is a bit "artsy" though, so it may not be for everyone.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Tina scraps

I wish that more magazines would have digital editions that work with tablets besides ipads. I actually prefer digital editions. Less bulky and I can take my entire library with me everywhere...lol

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Crafting Marfa

There's just something about holding a magazine/book in your hands that I love. I get the convenience of digital versions, but I'll always love the paper more.

There is an awesome magazine called Cloth Paper Scissors that is more of a mixed media publication than a scrapbooking one, but you can use the techniques on pages if thats your thing.

Little pricey ($30 for 6 issues) but filled with super cool stuff.

Mary Fran
Expert
Mary Fran
In response to Kim222

You may want to check out Scrapbook Magazine as well. It is published in the UK, but we get it at Chapter's and other book stores. It has great content, not just full of ads, and most of the items used in the layouts is from North America.

kottens
Idol
kottens
In response to Mary Fran

Scrap365... So much better then any scrapbooking magazine I've laid my hands on.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to kottens

I bought a 'lot' of old scrapbook magazines from e*** awhile back. I think I got 40 for about $10.

There were only 4 issues I already had. :)Old news, but still good ideas & sketches.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to 4tgrfans

I like Cardmaking & Papercraft from the UK. They often include free paper packs and clear stamps.

srichter
Resident
srichter
In response to sabine

I also am a Canadian Scrapbooker subscriber - and they really do produce a beautiful magazine with a lot of inspiration.

elizabeth_C
Veteran
elizabeth_C
In response to srichter

I just subscribed to Creating Keepsakes, that's just great. I will have to see how skinny this magazine has become.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-13-13 06:03 PM
In response to elizabeth_C

I just subscribed to Cloth Paper Scissors I have been waiting because I knew we were moving and didn't want to have to change the address and risk missing an issue. I got a free trial for one issue and if I don't like it I don't have to pay. But I think I will based on what I've seen so far

Ohio
Ohio 
Tenant
Ohio
  • Ohio on 06-17-13 04:54 PM

I am very new to this site, but have been a scrapbooking for years. I have found that ANY scrapbook mag you come across will have some type of good idea. One month I will have one favorite and the next another just based on content!
I am sure by now you have found a few good ones based on the date of your original post. I just want to encourage you, every store you go in or every bookstand you walk by, check out what is there. Scrap Happy!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics