Username Post: Book wont lay flat!!        (Topic#1588127)
New Kid On the Block

I have just finished my first scrapbook. It is quite thick. I have put in the metal extenders for the binder and it fits nicely, however the open end sticks open. I have tried to put in more extensions and it does lay flatter, but when you go to open the scrapbook it's very floppy. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-16-13 12:49 PM
In response to COFFEETALK79

I just live with it. Then I switched to 3 ring binders.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I converted my only post-bound album to the Snapload system, to match the rest of my albums. That sorted out the "floppy" problem.

My fullest album contains 34 LOs and that's about as full as I'd want it to be. Any more, and it would be too unwieldy to lift. I'm going to have to separate out the holiday pages and give them an album of their own. My pages aren't really thick and dimensional, but they aren't flat either.

How many LOs have you got in your album? Do you add a lot of 3D elements?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I think that's sort of the nature of the beast with post-bound albums, which is one of the many reasons I won't use them.

It doesn't help with the album you have now, but my suggestion is to use D-ring albums.
Or get get another post-bound and divide your finished pages in to two albums?

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Bxr-Linda

I also switched from post-bound to D-ring binders. I like being able to slip the pages and have them stay flat. Plus the fact that you can add to the album easily, even if you want to add a page in between ones you've already done.

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat

I used to have this issue until I switched to the Snapload system. One thing I learned was to make sure I had extra spacers made out of heavy thick chipboard. Depending on what I am scrapping and how thick I think the book will end up - I normally put a spacer every 4-5 pages then made sure my Snapload was really tight. Sometimes I even have to "duct tape" the Snapload shut. I will never go back to metal extenders again.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics