Username Post: Viva Decor Inka Gold        (Topic#1588137)
scrappy_day
Guru
scrappy_day

I was at M's the other day and seen this stuff by the stencils. I used a coupon to buy a pot of it in Cooper. Has anyone used this product? Do you have any projects you can show me a picture of? I'm just curious what all it can do (and if I need more colors :)) .
Thanks!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to scrappy_day

Yes you DEFINITELY need more colors!!

I don't have anything in my gallery using Inka Gold, but I have used them on a few different tags. They are AWESOME!! The coolest thing about them is that you can use them dry as a rub or wet as a paint. AND they blend beautifully!!

If you use it dry, be sure to buff it when you're done to bring out the shine. SOOOOO PRETTY!!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Kim222

I love using Inka Gold!! Just a word of warning; I had some molding issues with the copper, but not with the other colors I have. Enjoy them

wilmavoermans
Expert
wilmavoermans
In response to HisGEM

I love the inka golds, you can look at my latest blogpost, I have a tut and use the inka gold in a special way.But I also use it to paint and stenceling

http://swissdutchy8.blogspot.ch/2013/05/mooiboy-with-b a...

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to wilmavoermans

• wilmavoermans Said:
I love the inka golds, you can look at my latest blogpost, I have a tut and use the inka gold in a special way.But I also use it to paint and stenceling

http://swissdutchy8.blogspot.ch/2013/05/mooiboy-with-b a...

Love this page you did. Great job!

kottens
Idol
kottens
In response to SherylEb

Love Inka as well. A great tip. Use a sponge or something in the jar. Don't put your fingers in it. It can actually start molding if you do.

I've added some gold on the embossing on this tag

and silver on this one

scrappy_day
Guru
scrappy_day
In response to kottens

Thanks for the response! Great projects everyone! I think I need more colors! I will be haunting M's with coupons to get a couple more!

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to scrappy_day

wow! those are awesome! I love inks of all kinds.

Jan Hobbins
Veteran
Jan Hobbins
In response to kottens

Great tip about not using your fingers in the Inka Gold! I've been doing that, so I'll start using a sponge!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Jan Hobbins

I don't own any yet and probably will not buy any - not my style of scrapping - but I've had an occasion to work with them in a class. they are waxy consistency and can be layered thickly or put on lightly for just a little bit of shine - kinda like pearly sheen, very pretty in the light).
The instructor in the class showed how to use them - smudge them onto the project/item you want to alter/ with your finger, or yes you can use the sponge. she did say it is a wax so it will grow mold. The tip of the day was to put a wet baby wipe on top of the wax in the container, that will prevent it from molding.
the technique we did was using the inka with stencils and distress inks. we inked the stencil first then added a bit of spots with inka gold, which gave it a nice color depth and a sheen.

scrappy_day
Guru
scrappy_day
In response to OlesyaK.

Thanks for your response. I just heard they are going to make pastel colors in Inka Gold - coming out in June! How exciting!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics