Username Post: California Scrap Retreats        (Topic#1588179)
m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

I have been throwing the idea around for a while now, but I am really thinking of hosting scrap retreats....so, I need input.

Would you prefer a large retreat or small intimate one?

At a hotel or a rental house?

Big City or Small Town?

Price you are willing to pay for a weekend with 4 or 5 meals provided?

I have gone to both, and I like both, but would love some input from all you lovely scrappy ladies!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to m.perk

Where in California are you going to have it? I think no more than 20 women should be good. I go to 3 a year and just love them. Have it anywhere there is good food! Hee hee

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to bonprof

I would do Nor Cal Sacramento, Bay Area, the Mother Lode. I go to crops in the Bay and in the foothills and love them both. They are both totally different in how they are ran....so I can do them both ways. I just want to know what everyone likes and dislikes about the crops they go to

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to m.perk

I do live in N. CA. I've seen the scrap retreats, and honestly, I've never signed up for them. The cost is huge!! The ones I've seen are between $350 and $400. I'm sure it's a good deal when you factor in food, lodging and goodies, but ouch!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Luvmyfam

I go to a beautiful bed and breakfast 3x ayear with about 28 ladies. It costs $300 and is worth every penny. The lodging is exqusite, the food divine, and my CM consultant falls over herself making us feel welcome and pampered. We also have a massage if we want it! ($60). We play games, have raffles and prizes galore and a white elephant swap. SOOOOOOO fun.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to bonprof

There is a certain Nor Cal retreat that I go to that I pay way to much for. yes you get the hotel room and unlimited scrap time, but only one meal is included for a three day period...you are on your own for everything else. They are only doing one more in the Bay Area and I am wondering if the cost is why?! The last one was packed so it doesnt seem to have anything to do with us scrappers not being interested.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to m.perk

hmmmm,

Would you prefer a large retreat or small intimate one? either

At a hotel or a rental house? doesn't matter, as long as it is safe to not to have to pack and unpack each day

Big City or Small Town? doesn't matter

Price you are willing to pay for a weekend with 4 or 5 meals provided? hmmmmm, the less the better, of course...

would want: Lots of space with good lighting and comfy chairs. Availability of electricity for cutting machines.

A space we don't have to worry about 'noise'. I once went to a hotel crop in which the conference room was on the same floor as some hotel rooms...yeah, wasnt so great after dark.

also like the availablity of basics to be purchased, just in case I forgot to pack something..so, maybe not way out in the boonies.
Even if near a store...and we can make a trip if needed.

don't need 'entertainment' ie games and goody bags.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to mjmone

One of my biggest questions is the games thing. They seem to annoy me a bit and I tend to notice that only a select few involve themselves in them anyways.....I think I would leave them out!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to m.perk

The games annoy me - I don't like them. Very few partipate.

I usually get goodie bags but it all goes in a garage sale - not my taste. Same with the prizes in drawings. I have never used anything I've ever won - its all ended up in a garage sale.

I just want to scrap and catch up with my girlfriends.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics