Username Post: crops of luv--scrapbooks for terminally ill kids        (Topic#1588217)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Greetings fellow scrappers!

I am reading Woman's Day magazine, and guess what I found on page 16? There is a group called Crops of Luv, based in Pheonix. This group creates custom scrapbooks for critically ill children and their families; their volunteers document the kids' special trips and granted wishes (they work with groups like Make-a-Wish, etc). These kids' families send in pictures to the group, and volunteers create the scrapbooks for the kids. It seems that it takes several volunteers to make each book, so it's not like you would have to do the whole book. The group also needs donations, of course. And if you have a die-cutting machine, you can volunteer to cut shapes for the group. I am definately going to get involved it this! And, now I know where my extra supplies will go--I have a set of Disney alpha-stickers, for example, that I was going to put in a scrapbook for a friends' son (but ended up not using).

You can go to cropsofluv.com for more information. Just thought I'd pass this along! I am so excited: just imagine how these books will be cherished by these terminally ill kids and their families!

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-22-13 06:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-22-13 07:57 PM
In response to jaspernonyx

I'm sooo gonna do this!! Thanks for posting!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Thanks for posting this... It is a wonderful thing. I will be glad to help too.
You are right about it helping so much.
I was a member of a local scrap group that had hundreds of women. WE used to have charity crops to raise money for all kinds of charities. We also held many many crops where we got together to put pages in albums for terminally ill members so their childrenn would have them. WE even did t hem after they were gone for years.
We also did it for just anyone in the community that we knew was sick.
Everyone of the recipient families was so touched & felt so much love by these books & pages.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to anda11

Linda,

That's such a neat thing! I bet that was such a satisfying feeling! I can't wait to get involved in something like that.

Kim

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Glad you brought this topic to light. I will investigate it next week. Thanks for posting.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics