Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Psssst. Lookie here....        (Topic#1588231)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Y'all might have noticed that the SB.com crew got new pics. And y'all might have wondered....in over 8 years....we've never seen the chick with the mop?

Well, I'm going to tell you a story. Awhile back, the SB.com folks needed tech support help, beyond Kelsey's spare time. So, we got all brilliant, and said - let's get some peeps in different time zones! If we hit, say, eastern time to AZ standard time, we're going to cover WAY beyond the standard work day.

So, ForumTech was born. The idea was originally...multiple people with a potential to be behind the curtain, but a single, unified "persona".

The response was...well, you guys thought our generic tech person was...boring. Dry. No fun.

And if there's one thing that we are, it's definitely FUN!!!! So, we gave her a name. Megan was born.

Time passed. The tech support has, I won't say dwindled to a single person, but let's say I'm so freaking spectacular that I do it solo. Kelsey'd agree. Yes, I paid her to agree.

If Megan ever said something funny or smart alec? Yeah. That was me. If she ticked you off....that was someone else.

So, with the new pics, it seemed like it was time. Step out from behind the curtain, and say HI. This is me, the real me now.

Hi. Nice to meet you. My name is...Lisa. I live in MI. Eastern time zone, but I don't sleep, so you never know when I might pop in. And here in a minute, after I push ADD POST here...I'm gonna post a pic. Of me. For real.

It does occur to me that I know a lot more about you guys than you know about me. So...ask. I'll answer stuff, if you want.

We've bounced around - should I change my name? I've seen Megan for so long that I'm kind of tempted to say......no. So please feel free to weigh in on that, too.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Megan - ForumTech

This made me laugh. Whatever you decide to be called we are thankful for all your hard work and help.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

This was a very funny story. lol It is great to actually see you. I was wondering if all of them liked diet coke too? Thanks for all the work you & the others do

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to anda11

Not everyone.

Can you believe that some people like....Pepsi????

No taste.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-23-13 12:58 PM

Congratulations Lisa!! Finally able to step out of the broom closet and share your real self

It's been a journey of trial and error and "megan" has worked for a long time, but now we want to connect... to REALLY connect to all of you - our loyal members... and we feel we need to be honest and forthcoming to do so.

SO yes, new, unified pictures - and Janitor Lisa - still the same 'ole Scrapbook.com!

XOXO

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day
In response to Kels

It is nice to finally meet you Lisa! I love your smart alec sense of humor (very similar to my own) so please don't change that! As for your name............we will adjust to whatever is decided.
Thank you for all your hard work and making this a great website!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to scrappy_day

I'm 'fraid you're stuck with the sense of humor. That's not leaving!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

*sigh* Now I feel bad for always calling you Megan...do you ever respond to that name IRL?

It's very nice to meet you Lisa, for real!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to SJB1120

Absolutely no feeling bad allowed!

Matter of fact, yes. Someone yelled Megan in Dress Barn a few weeks ago. I turned around. DOH!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

You know what? You actually don't look unlike how I imagined you. How strange is that?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Really? I think that's rather cool!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo

Hello Lisa! It is very nice to meet... or rather... see you!

Edited by KatieJo on 05-23-13 02:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to KatieJo

Hi Lisa! Nice to meet you! Regardless of what name you decide to be called, We are all very grateful for the behind the scenes work you do and the up front awesome sense of humor you have graced the boards with. Thank you for all that you do!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Nice to meet you......I want to know more about you cause you are so important to this wonderful site.

When did you start scrapbooking and why?

Do you have a colour that you tend to scrap a lot with?

BTW, I love this but I will consider you Megan cause that is my niece's name but I will call you whatever you are comfortable with.....just keep up the good work.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to PhotobearSam

1999-2000ish. I can't remember exactly when. A friend drug me to a CM party...I remember telling her, I'm not creative...

Now, you should see the piles.

Colors, I have a way out of proportion pile of blue stuff. And brights. I don't tend to go for pinks or pastels.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing

I just wanted to say thanks for all the good work you do here. I am not really a regular but have enjoyed your fair posts when you have to do the dirty work!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You are absolutely awesome Lisa! And you were awesome as Megan. So glad you are here!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Henri Jean

Wha... what? Mind blown.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-23-13 03:56 PM
In response to cindy312

Mind blown, indeed! Welcome Lisa! I always wondered why Megan's avatar wasn't a photo.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to stick

That's just the funniest story! I think we should call for moplady from now on when we need clean up!

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics