Page 1 of 23 
Username Post: June Anything Goes Challenge Open for Sign Up        (Topic#1588341)
julie101
Idol
julie101

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

June is coming! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until May 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than May 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Quay Sadler
2021 We. 2175 N.
Lehi, UT 84043

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com (why their is a space in gmail is beyond me...so don't put one there. hehe)
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

4. Winner for completing the most dailies. If there is a tie, a random drawing will be done on random.org for the winner of this category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or before June 30 count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on June 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week: 1-2 Julie
Week: 3-9 Bj
Week: 10-16 Teresa
Week: 17-23 Julie
Week: 24-30 Julie

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

PLAYERS

Quay 0/10
Julie 5/30
Bj 1/5
Teresa 9/25
Karen 4/8
Beverly 0/5
Norma 0/4
Ashley 0/15

Motivational

Lyn 0/15 Layouts
Beth 0/4 Layouts

paid=

Edited by julie101 on 06-16-13 02:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

~Points List~

June 2013 POINTS LIST
BONUS POINTS!!!!
take +400 bonus points if you pay by June 1st,
take +300 points if you pay by June 5th,
take +200 points if you pay by June 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (rub on, flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, chalk, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape (includes chipboard die-cut)
- PER flower (the whole flower not counting each layer)
- PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 20 pts for each identical one)
- PER punch used
- PER each color of washi tape
- PER item used that is over 1 years old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 1 years, not just taken over 1 years ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!

50 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
PER- creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
PER- chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
PER- using a quote or song lyrics
PER- having journaling on your LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) or 8x8 or smaller layout's (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU, not machine made) flower on your project
- handmade frame
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- PER wet or dry embossed image
- for using one or more of the following themes:Floral/Relaxing Weekends/Graduation
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)

50 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +25 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture cut in the shape of a circle
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +20 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER black & white vintage photo
- PER picture taken during March 2013 or later
- for rounding your corners on your picture

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for project/page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies)
- 50 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 75 pts for 50+ words or 100 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
100 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!
- machine sewing,
- for altered item/home decor item created,
- for scraplifting
- new technique for you, that you used, (must explain what technique you used)

Edited by julie101 on 05-29-13 06:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

~Daily Challenges~

June 1 Set up your siggy 200 Points

June 2 Stickers you at least 4 different stickers 200 Points

June 3 : 200 points, Create a monochromatic layout, other than the photos at least 80% should be the one main color.

June 4 daily +150 KISS:Keep It Simple Scrapper, limit your products to 2 pcs of paper and 2 type of embellies, if you can complete your layout in less than 30 minutes take a +50 bonus

June 5 daily +125 : Create your own patterned paper. Try some stamping, doodling, watercoloring, etc to make your own patterned paper.

June 6 + 150 - Use a large number (at least 3 inches) on your layout.

June 7 +100 - post and tell us what you like to do with your free time. And, if for you scrapping is one of those things you like to do with your free time and you feel like doing a layout take another +200 points if you do a layout about how you spend your free time.

June 8 daily +200 denim and sweats.... Include the colors blue and grey as well as stitching on a layout.

June 9 daily +150 create a layout using any of your weekly photo challenge pictures. If you did not submit your photos on time thats okay, go ahead and take then now (no.. you dont get the 100 points they were originally worth). Also remember that this photo used in the layout must be newly taken, no going through your stash to find one that fits the category. Want a bonus yet too??? Okay +50 points for each additional photo from the weeklies also used on a layout (this could add up to a lot of points!).

June 10 daily challenge Do a layout, card or project, with this color scheme ...you don't have to use all colors just try to use just these colors except for background +200
http://pinterest.com/pin/24910542310841605 0/

June 11 Daily Do a page card or project with paper tearing on it somewhere for +200 for a extra +75 use two different inks.

June 12 daily challenge Scrap a old picture the older the better +200 If you scrap an old Polaroid +200

June 13 Scraplift someone that participates in this challenge +250 for a layout, +150 for a card, +300 for a project ..take points for each you do

June 14 Anything goes do any page,card or project for +250

June 15 Share your Saturday plans for a easy +300

June 16 In honour of Father's Day do a layout about a father +250

June 17 Daily

Recipe card or layout 300 Points

* cardstock
* die cuts
* Wet or Dry Embossing
* metal items ( brads eyelets charms etc
* old item in your stash at least year old (don't forget to share what it is )

Need all these items

Edited by julie101 on 06-17-13 12:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

~Weekly Challenges~

June 1-2 School Layout either yourself, or kids dosent matter just needs to be a school layout. 300 points

Photos

Something green
Something Blue
Something in your favourite colour
100 Points each photo

June 3-9

Weekly: Learn something new, school may be ending for the year but that is no excuse to not learn more.
+ 300 Create a layout trying a new technique this week.
+ 150 bonus points if you share a link with us of a post or video on how to complete this technique. (There are tons of ideas here under classes and videos as well as on Pinterest and You Tube)

100 points each
- last thing you've read
- least favorite household chore
- most favorite spot in your home

June 10-16

Weekly challenge
Do a page on A day in your life .This can be in a smash journal or equivalent or a 12x12,8x8 etc.. Include at least one pic. +400

Photos

Something New
Something Old
A Treasure
+100 each

June 17 - 23

something that you would normally
throw away that can be altered for your scraproom/desk please do share a before photo

400 Points

Weekly Photos

Last Thing you Ate
Favourite Place were you live
Something you couldn't live with out

100 Points a photo

Edited by julie101 on 06-17-13 12:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

~Monthly Challenge~

Just easy simple on this month of scrap lifting

Taking layouts and lift them sketches dont count must be layouts. Dont foget to share layouts you lifted.

Points giving everyone a chance to get point.

Take a 100 points for every layout lifted

If you do 30 lifted layouts take a bounes 2000 points.

Edited by julie101 on 05-31-13 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to julie101

I'm in! Motivational only, and a goal of 15.

carnese
Resident
carnese
In response to justLyn

I will give this a try. Motivational only. My goal will be 4. I'm going to ease back in.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-29-13 05:39 PM
In response to carnese

I'm in for 10 and Just paid!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Quay

I'm in 2 am going for 30

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to julie101

of course I'm in. just gotta think of my goal

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to SplendidMoments

If anyone has ideal for the monthly feel free to message me I'll be working on ideal shortly

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to julie101

I'm in again and will keep my goal of 5 again. I can help with a week of challenges again if needed, I am available for week 2 or 3. Are we still sending money to the same place?

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to BJscrapsalot

Yes send to the same place and Ill put you done for a weekly Thanks

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to julie101

I am in for June
Put me down for 25 lo.
I can do a week of challenges too.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-30-13 08:22 PM
In response to Teresakay

Hello everyone, JCI

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Quay

Afternoon ladies well tomorrow is the start of June yay ill thinking of a monthly and challenges

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-31-13 03:11 PM
In response to julie101

Checking in to see what is going on here. Tomorrow is the big day. Julie you are doing this challenge like a pro!!!

OK ladies I am going to do some scrapping.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Quay

Daily and weekly are up still working on monthly ill have it up by end of the day.

Im heading off to a scrapbooking weeked but im taking my ipad and will be online once im set up.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

Monthly is up i hope its ok

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

400 Points paying by 1st
200 Points siggy set up
5 Points siggy update

Total 605

Edited by julie101 on 05-31-13 07:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics