Page 1 of 32 
Username Post: June Photo Fun        (Topic#1588367)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO JUNE 2013 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see SHARE. Click the Link & Embed Image.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: June 28th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 28th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

June Minis:

1 - In a row
2 - Bridge
3 - Bokeh
4 - Memory
5 - Tribute
6 - What's cookin'
7 - Just a pretty weed
8 - Todays adventure
9 - Twisted
10 - Dusk

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

yay.....I'm first! I'm in!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

I'm second!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Anna C

I am here too!

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to rockmom

I'm in plaese

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to smcdavid1

I'm in!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Heather4859

Me too! Me too!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

Busy day. Been scrapping, tearing off wall paper in the front entry hall, talking on the phone to my mom, keeping an eye on the weather, watering the garden and cooking. Had a BLT with home grown tomatoes for lunch. Nothing better! Tonight we had rotisserie chicken DH picked up from the store, also au gratin potatoes, sliced home grown tomatoes, and fried home grown okra from last year. Pulled some green onions and had a few of those too. Chocolate chip ice cream cones - sugar for me and waffle for DH- for dessert. I must say home grown food is so tasty!

Heard from DD2 she and her hubby are having a great anniversary trip to San Diego. They took a trolley tour, went to Balboa park and visited the museums, went to the zoo, toured the USS Midway, been eating in Seaside village each evening. Today they rented a convertible and drove to LA, had dinner in Hard Rock Café and are stopping at La Hoya beach for the sunset. Tomorrow they are doing a dinner cruise in the bay. They fly home Saturday.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Denise....sounds like your DD is having a stellar time!

Uman and I have been playing games tonight. It's not been a great day. Last day of school with other shocking news. Will elaborate later when he is not in the room.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

I am here! Hopefully, I will get the mo-jo to do some shooting in June!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Lori I hope everyone is well.

Denise that meal sounds wonderful. I can't wait until I am picking tomatoes.

Good night everyone.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to MissaOnTheRun

BLT's.... mmmmmm

I love it when my boys can quote movies! LOL We made a reference tonight at the supper table about iocane powder (from Princess Bride) then I said "As you wish" and then Crispin started quoting the lines from the ship "Fezix, are there rocks ahead? If there are we'll all be dead. No more rhymes, I mean it! Anybody want a peanut?" It was so funny. Cody was just laughing so hard he couldn't say anything.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

Oh - have any of you seen Water for Elephants? Watched it tonight with a girlfriend.. wow, what a great movie. Emotional and intense in spots, but well worth it. We started our evening with Eat, Love, Pray but that lasted about a half hour... then we just found it boring.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Lori, I hope everything is ok on your end.

Denise, hope DD has a great trip and I enjoyed thinking of your meals!

Carolyn, I hope June is a better month for you.

Have a great day ladies!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

Good morning.

It's pouring here, and it's dry inside! Guess the new shingles are doing their job.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Krista I did not see Water for Elephants, but I loved the novel. I thought it was a beautiful story and the writing was really great.

I'll be back a little later

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Morning!

Krista...I watched Water For Elephants a few days ago, I really enjoyed it. I am not a fan of Robert Pattison or Reese. I do however really like Christoph Waltz & Hal Holbrook. I also recently watched Django Unchained which was an OK movie the first 1/2, got stupid after that. But Christoph was great in it. WFE is probably not one I'd watch over and over though. Today (maybe) I'll finish the movie I started yesterday, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'm to a part now where they meet a man named Dorian Gray. I just watched that movie last week, lol. Usually I'm not a big movie watcher but I've been multitasking while knitting.

Page 1 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics