Page 3 of 15 
Username Post: {*Smash Book Challenge* - Full & Busy Smashing Away!}        (Topic#1588477)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Hi everyone - Kelly- is it too late to join? I stumbled across this looking in the challenges for something else & I have several K&C smash books- 1 that I've been working on & need to put more into it- I have several things stuffed that I need to glue & all in there- this would be a great motivation for me to actually do it

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Teresakay

I am currently working on the Eco SmashBook. I have 4 others in the wings waiting for me. I have give 3 SmashBook as gifts to various people. I've uploaded the pages I've done so far- have to link them tomorrow as SB.com stopped cooperating in the gallery for me

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to OlesyaK.

I am hoping to find some help here. I was given a SMASH BOOK for my birthday in Feb. but I don't seem to be able to get started with it. Kind of like buying a gorgeous paper pack and not wanting to cut into it, because you want the project to be worthy of the paper.

Do I sound a little crazy or a whole lot of crazy? Not sure what to do or how to start. I have the Red Book and a number of items including washi tapes (new obsession). I'll try to get a photo of the stuff and post soon.

Ideas? My Smash Book is an open book...

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
I am hoping to find some help here. I was given a SMASH BOOK for my birthday in Feb. but I don't seem to be able to get started with it. Kind of like buying a gorgeous paper pack and not wanting to cut into it, because you want the project to be worthy of the paper.

Do I sound a little crazy or a whole lot of crazy? Not sure what to do or how to start. I have the Red Book and a number of items including washi tapes (new obsession).

Can you help me? My Smash Book is an open (empty) book...

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Claggy

Nancy- I have that problem too. Best thing to do is gather some of the things you want to start with- then just put them in there- choose a spot that lends itself to what you have to stick in there & just do it. This is not a 12x12 LO & you are not trying to be perfect- it's more like a notebook you carried in high school & doodled on, but prettier.

Put things in there like some random photos of you or of something that strikes you as pretty or that you identify with. Go for a walk- pluck a leaf off a tree & whatever else strikes you to put in your book... It's kinda like a BOM, but more informal.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Here is my book so far:

SmashBook Eco Style By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

SmashBook By Charcats7

Edited by charcats7 on 06-06-13 03:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
Hi everyone - Kelly- is it too late to join? I stumbled across this looking in the challenges for something else & I have several K&C smash books- 1 that I've been working on & need to put more into it- I have several things stuffed that I need to glue & all in there- this would be a great motivation for me to actually do it

Hi Char. Great to have you here!

Got ya all signed up, left ya some gallery love & have all of your completed pages added!

On that note, you're off to a fantastic start. Keep up the good work!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:

Do I sound a little crazy or a whole lot of crazy? Not sure what to do or how to start. I have the Red Book and a number of items including washi tapes (new obsession). I'll try to get a photo of the stuff and post soon.

Ideas? My Smash Book is an open book...

Hi there Nancy.

Like most brand new projects, getting started can be the hardest part at times.

Like Char mentioned, collecting & gathering up some favorite or special items is a great place to start. Maybe notes from friends...thoughts from your birthday...who you are & how you're feeling...special or favorite photos from the year so far...etc.

Do you like to journal or aspire to? Journaling is also a really great place to start! If you can't think of something to journal about, how about copying down some favorite lyrics, a special scripture or a poem?

Another fun & fantastic thing about these books is the opportunity to let your creativity soar. Even if you don't know what you want to scrap about, you could still start a page off by stamping, inking, painting, doodling, etc!

Your book can have a theme which might prove to be helpful or it can be about anything & everything. In the end, that's just part of the special fun!

Hopefully that gives you a jumping off point! If you still need more ideas just say the word. That's what we're here for!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Washi Tape inspiration

Products Referenced in This Post:

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to KellyCali

Morning ladies!

*drooling* here over all the Washi tape (my latest obsession) Love the ideas Kelly!

J's has 50% off their Smash books....just bought like 6 of them lol

Nancy-you don't sound crazy...you sound like me! Last year I vowed to force myself to use my *special* paper. As much as I hate cutting into in...it feels SO good to see it used on a project Just dive in and do it!

Off to catch up. Have a great day!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Thanks Kelly

Loving the washi tape inspiration- love washi tape

swonders
Diva
swonders
In response to charcats7

Good morning everyone! JCI

Here is a pic of my smash book and supplies. I'm having a little bit of trouble getting started. Lots of ideas, just don't know which one to go with. HOWEVER! Loving all the inspiration and pages posted so far. It helps a ton. I plan to get something going this weekend.

Smash! By Swonders

Edited by swonders on 06-07-13 05:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Good Morning Ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
J's has 50% off their Smash books....just bought like 6 of them lol

Ooooo! (wiping drool)

Thanks for the tip!

I was just there on Sunday. I wonder if I were to head over to our Joanns Etc. if they would maybe have a bigger selection.

Hmm.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to KellyCali

Whats Joannes Etc? I purchased them online. HAD to spend $50 to get the free shipping lol

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

A bigger Joanns. Like 4 times bigger!

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to check out their website & check out their selection!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to KellyCali

I am hoping to get started on mine this weekend ...
Love all the washi ideas thanks for sharing ...I love washi tape .

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Teresakay

Good Luck & Have Fun Teresa!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Been busy printing off photos & clipart, as well as coloring, doodling & doing a little journaling.

Hoping to post some of my pages by Sunday night!

Here's to a great weekend & lots of creativity all-around! Best Wishes!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to KellyCali

Good morning!

Dropping off 2 that I finished. Kelly...I wanted to ask you where you found those photos of the Smash books with samples of the inside pages? I do most of my shopping online. Its nice to see the pages inside the Smash books before committing to them

Have a great weekend everyone!

Pages 11 and 12 By DittoBabyGirl

Page 3 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics