Page 4 of 15 
Username Post: {*Smash Book Challenge* - Full & Busy Smashing Away!}        (Topic#1588477)
julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to OlesyaK.

Is it to late to join?

I just started a smash book and I would love to join Im doing it all about me

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I am also washi obsessed!!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to klweist

Good Morning
Just checking in I still haven't done a page in my smash book just don't know where to start...lol I pinned a bunch of ideas though. Have a great day!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Teresakay

Teresa- my best advice with a SmashBook is to 1) clear your mind, 2) open it at the beginning & browse thru the pages until you connect with the colors or images & something pops into your mind- whatever that is- a memory, a dream, a goal, a like... journal, gather photos, clips of a magazine, etc- Once you start the forcefield will be broken & you'll keep going

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to charcats7

Hi Ladies. Just checking in real quick.

I'll be sure to be back by tomorrow evening or so.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

BTW I'm currently out of adhesive (heading to M's tomorrow) & my book is starting to get pretty thick (as in it won't close as easily!)

I seriously need to take some photos to share so you can see what I've been up to this past weekend!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
Is it to late to join?

Sure thing Julie. Glad to have you & gotcha added to the challenge!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Kelly...I wanted to ask you where you found those photos of the Smash books with samples of the inside pages? I do most of my shopping online. Its nice to see the pages inside the Smash books before committing to them

Combination google search (by the name of the book)...
...partly from the K&Company website...
and a little bit of pinterest.

Even when I'm at the store & have them in my hand, I too forget which is which. Right now, I have Mod, Pretty & 365. Whenever free shipping day comes around, I'm hoping to add Tasty book to my collection, as well.

So far, those are my 4 most favorite ones!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • julie101 Said:
Is it to late to join?

Sure thing Julie. Glad to have you & gotcha added to the challenge!

Yay thanks I hope to get some more smashing done tonight

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

I just started last month and I wanted to share what Ive done so far

I have the orange one

Smash Book Cover By Julie101

Smash Book Entry By Julie101

14 Things I love By Julie101

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Weekly Tips:

Each or every other week, I'll try my best to include something fun or inspirational towards our challenge!

This week to begin, I'll think I'll start with a motivational/organization al tip!

Tip - Grab It & Go! Consider setting up a home for your project. When not in use, keep it in a cloth/fabric/eco-friendly shopping bag, a scrap caddy, a plastic artbin, etc. (i.e. something that is portable).

Be sure to go ahead and stock your bag, box or bin with extra art supplies that you can be sure to use when away from home (journaling pens, inks, stamps, tabs, stickers, paperclips, adhesive, etc!)

When going portable, consider using a zipper, pouch pencil case, makeup bag or plastic school case to contain all of your writing pens, small tools, clips or post-its.

Love this Ideal am so thinking of getting something together myself I spent many hours at my daughters ballet parents aren't allowed in so this would be prefect for smashing on the go

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to OlesyaK.

Thought I would ask there question

1. Just for fun share with us what type of Smash book you currently own. (If it happens to be one by K & Company what color or style do you have? i.e. Mod, Retro, Cutesy, 365, etc.)

I have the orange one not sure what it is

If not K&Company, what type of book do you have or would you like to create? i.e. Composition book? DIY journal or mini binder? etc, etc!

2. How many books/journals have you already completed or will this be your very first one?

Be my very first one but Im sure many more to come even thought next time making my own

3. [Optional/Challenge Twist!] - Pick a special theme or topic dedicated to your entire book!

My first book is one about me

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Washi Tape inspiration

Im doing a washi tape page I just started my collection and already in love

julie101
Idol
julie101

I have a Question

Dose a smash book have to be done in order?

Cause I just seem to flip through the pages and work on the page that jumps out?

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to julie101

Julie- YOU GOT IT! Just do what jump outs at you- inspires you or fits what has inspired you.

Right now I'm working on a 2-pg that highlights my Army career- perfect pages are a foggy morning landscape scene in the K&C Eco book. I covered & painted a chipboard ARMY that was made to be the front of a chipboard shape album- next I'm going to find a patch & mostly do a journal or poem- that is churning in my brain- have yet to get it all down. Hope to be able to post pics by this weekend as I've been working on it in the evenings. It's an emotional process as I was recently discharged- it's about the end of that life for me. My DH is still in the Army NG- but it's not the same. You can take the Soldier out of the Army but you never take the Army out of the Soldier - once a Soldier, always a Soldier. I could be bitter as I'm short a year from collecting retirement when I turn 60, but I'm not bitter- I'm sad & yet it's also an opportunity to venture down a new path. Just because I no longer wear the uniform doesn't mean I'm not serving.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to charcats7

Char, are you saying that you are 59? From your photos, you look at least 10 years younger than that!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to klweist

Char-Must be bittersweet. I'm with Kelly, would not have thought you to be 59! BTW-thanks for the encouragement.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

Shelly- You and I seem to be in the same boat! I noticed we also have the same SMASH book--LOL!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

Ok-I'm still breathing but needed my inhaler...

I just printed a couple of photos and put them on a double page. I did not plan anything, just started sticking things on. Not sure I'm pleased with it, but its a start... I even wrote on the pages with my own handwriting (I don't like).

Used glue, so I'm stuck with this one... Baby steps, right?

Thinking of doing something regarding my scrappy obsession and the many collections of things/toys/tools I have e.g. paper, fiber, Thickers, shiny bits, Cricut, stamps, etc...

OOOhhhh! Tim Holtz and my love of his grunge! That could be an entire book but I could start with a single page!!!! I even have a photo of him sent by a friend from an expo!

I will post a photo when DH returns home with the camera.

Edited by Claggy on 06-12-13 12:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
Thinking of doing something regarding my scrappy obsession and the many collections of things/toys/tools I have e.g. paper, fiber, Thickers, shiny bits, Cricut, stamps, etc...

OOOhhhh! Tim Holtz and my love of his grunge! That could be an entire book but I could start with a single page!!!! I even have a photo of him sent by a friend from an expo!

I'm so loving your idea Nancy! With that said, can't wait to see the fun & wonderful things that inspire you & your project!

Good Luck & Way To Go!

Page 4 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics