Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Discussed before, but...Who's sharing my gallery images?!        (Topic#1588713)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Hello, as stated above, I know this was discussed in the past; likely longer than a year ago -- I wish there was a way to find out WHO shared one of my gallery images with the world wide web. I'm not one to scream and yell about it. I just want to know where they shared it and what they thought of it. If they said something nice, I want to thank them.

Does anyone have any ideas?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to MommaSaid

Hey Anne, I don't quite understand what you mean. Any images that we post here in our galleries are public, unless we have put them into a private category. Anybody can go into your gallery or mine and take a photo and share it with anyone.

Plus there is a sb.com Pinterest site where I believe a team selects featured or popular images and posts them on Pinterest. There is an opt-out option I believe, but you have to contact them directly and ask not to be used on Pinterest.

Is that what you mean, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to RedSquirrel

I don't know either, but last week, a cousin of mine Googled our Great Grandmother's name and she immediately found a scrapbook page I had just done of her. Pretty crazy isn't it?

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to CrimsonMama

Sad to say but if you post stuff online there's no way you can keep it private. People share stuff and Pin stuff. If you don't want anyone sharing your layouts then I wouldn't post them anywhere. Don't get me wrong...I totally get why your upset. I wish there was a way to disable the Pinterest feature here. But I don't post what I want to keep private. You gotta expect that. What happened with your layouts? How did you find out where they winded up?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DittoBabyGirl

How do you know that your images were shared on the internet?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Luvmyfam

Hmm, I see I was unclear. I'll try again.

I'm not upset in the least. I'm not even trying to figure out how to keep my uploads private.

If anything, I'm honored that someone thought enough of this page to share it somewhere on the web. But, if you click the link, notice that this page has no votes, no comments. I just really want to be able to track down where the image went and why -- did they want to point out something they liked? Was it used as an example of something that needs improvement? I'm nosey about my own stuff; especially since I just improvised -- no sketch; no challenges.

Pump By MommaSaid

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
How do you know that your images were shared on the internet?

On the right side of the screen -- in the "share" box -- it is marked as having been "liked" once with Facebook and shared once. Just in case, I checked my own Facebook activity. I didn't share it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MommaSaid

I understood your question and I am curious myself!!!
Megan?!?!?!?
Where are you to answer our question?!?!?!? LOL!

Expert
In response to Doreena

I've started "Pinning" LOs when I mark them as "my favorites" because it's easier to find them on my Pinterest App on my Nook instead of having to log on the SB.com (which then logs me off of my laptop...)

That being said...I am just not the type of person who feels the need to leave a comment for each and every LO that I like/pin/add to my favorites. Why? Don't know...it's not my thing.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to HuskerMom98

Hm.

The one thing I'm baffled about -

"If anything, I'm honored that someone thought enough of this page to share it somewhere on the web."

Where was it shared and how did you find that out? I'm a bit confused about what you're asking.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Im not sure about the share but I know you can go to pinterest. type in the name of your lo and scrapbook.com if its been pinned it will show up and how many times.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to andrea m

I believe...
She is asking how do we figure out who liked (On Facebook) or Pinned (on Pinterest) our layouts.
I'm curious too.
When you go to your layout image in the your gallery it will show a number of times it was liked and or pinned.

She want s to know how do we find out who liked it or pinned it.
That's all.

She's not upset that people are doing it, just would like to know who.
That's all.
Again, I'm assuming...
but that's soemthing i wondered too.

If I see my layout has been pinned 10 times...just curious as to who pinned it.

Anyway to figure that out?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Doreena

FB, you should just be able to look at the "likes". If they put it on FB from Pinterest, not a clue.

Pinterest. 2 ways that I can find.

First, if I pin something, it will tell me where ELSE it was pinned.

Second, you can try searching for the title of the layout + scrapbook.com. If we pinned it, this will usually work - other results are hit or miss. I find their search feature frustrating for trying to find things, myself.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I believe...
She is asking how do we figure out who liked (On Facebook) or Pinned (on Pinterest) our layouts.
I'm curious too.
When you go to your layout image in the your gallery it will show a number of times it was liked and or pinned.

She want s to know how do we find out who liked it or pinned it.
That's all.

She's not upset that people are doing it, just would like to know who.
That's all.
Again, I'm assuming...
but that's soemthing i wondered too.

If I see my layout has been pinned 10 times...just curious as to who pinned it.

Anyway to figure that out?

Exactly. Thank you for translating from Anne to Human.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
FB, you should just be able to look at the "likes". If they put it on FB from Pinterest, not a clue.

Pinterest. 2 ways that I can find.

First, if I pin something, it will tell me where ELSE it was pinned.

Second, you can try searching for the title of the layout + scrapbook.com. If we pinned it, this will usually work - other results are hit or miss. I find their search feature frustrating for trying to find things, myself.

Thank you, I'll try those options.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to MommaSaid

Oh Cr*p! If I don't want someone to have that capability then do I not "allow for sharing/ embedding" when I upload?

I have one that I would have never thought went any further than this site and its been pinned 169 times. I used it in a challenge. It over now so if change it to not allow for embedding would that protect it from being shared on Pintrest or Facebook any further?

I am actually shocked people would be so interested in my layout.

Edited by jaxxan on 06-14-13 03:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to jaxxan

Ohhhh....I misunderstood what you were asking Anne. Sorry! Now I'm curious too lol

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Well I didn't share it but I left you some love because I hadn't seen it before and I love it.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to Sneezy1956

If you had extra time you could always trace it backwards. What I mean is at the bottom of the pin you are looking at it shows where it was "repinned to" (before you pinned it) and to the right of that it says "repinned from". You could always follow those back and I would think it would eventually take you to the "original pinner". Maybe this will help. Good luck!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to lifethroughalens

I'm taking a few lessons away from this experience:

1) The world wide web is MAAAAAAAASSSIIIIIIIIIVVE.

2) I am physically incapable of sitting still long enough to search even Pinterest for longer than a couple minutes.

3) In the process of searching for my own stuff on Pinterest, I can find 100 other layouts that *I* absolutely love and want to attempt lifting. This makes it even harder to sit still at the computer.

4) I'm never going to know everything... and that's going to have to be okay. So, going forward, I will simply pre-thank anyone who appreciates something I make and call it a day.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics