Username Post: Circle Cutters        (Topic#1588723)
LHermsenMoulton
Tenant
LHermsenMoulton

Does anyone have any opinions on circle cutters? I'm tired of cutting my circles by hand for a number of reasons and I can't buy a die cutter at the moment. The Martha Stewart collection appears to carry two different circle cutters as does Fiskars. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to LHermsenMoulton

What size are you looking for? I have the Creative Memories cutting system and I love it. Very easy to use and lots of different sizes of circles. However, it's a bit of a wallet emptier to initially get the system, as you have to buy the templates, blades and cutting mat. The blades and cutting mat then work with all of their cutting system templates, though, not just the circles. I've had mine for over ten years and I've replaced my blades once.

LHermsenMoulton
Tenant
LHermsenMoulton
In response to siameseplease

Right now I'm looking for something cheap, $20-40 range I guess I'm looking to make large circles

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

The Tonic system is cheap. Maybe $15 for all of it? Various sizes. Now, it isn't GREAT but it's doable for a quick/less expensive solution.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to scrapchica

Creative Memories cutting system is the best out of the few I've tried. They have all sizes and shapes, too.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

The two I've used (and liked) are both by EK Success - Circle Scissor Pro and Curvy Cutter. They both work best on a glass cutting mat, but you can use a regular cutting mat and removable adhesive and have them work just fine. I prefer the Circle Scissor Pro because the blade handle attaches right to the side of the cutter and you can store extra blades right in the handle. Plus, the blade doesn't release until you press down on the handle so it's pretty impossible to cut yourself accidentally. The Curvy Cutter is also a great tool. You're not limited to circles only. Templates are sold separately and give you many shape options, such as ovals.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to traceyjean

If you're looking at getting the CM system, buy it now, like today, do not wait, and order tons of the blades.

It is not part of the product line that they are keeping.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
If you're looking at getting the CM system, buy it now, like today, do not wait, and order tons of the blades.

Moxie girl thank you for the heads up. I just bought some replacement CM blades.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Crud, I need to order blades then!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

• moxiegirl23 Said:

THANK YOU! Do you happen to know if the old style circle blades and the newer hexagon blades are interchangeable for the shapes? I have the round ones, but will buy an extra set now that I saw this!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

• scrapchica Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

THANK YOU! Do you happen to know if the old style circle blades and the newer hexagon blades are interchangeable for the shapes? I have the round ones, but will buy an extra set now that I saw this!

I am not an expert on CM by any means but I have used both styles of blades and they both worked great. I think the newer one has more swivel action but don't quote me on it. It's been years since I have used my cutting system.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to traceyjean

I have the aqua curvy cutter posted above. I really like it. I bought the tool & the circle & the glass mat at the jos & hob lob & mikes because they were out when I bought mine. I did use a coupie though.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I better order blades too! Liz - will you pm me the link? I need to stock up!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Henri Jean

I absolutely love this MS cutter.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CrimsonMama

Just read the CM blades are going fast!!!
and the CM site is already out of them.
I am so glad I got an extra set from ebay.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

CM blades are gone and not returning. the mats are gone and not returning.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

Frustrated does not even begin to cover the emotions right now. I have been hunting for days now for CM replacement blades and they are ALL GONE EVERYWHERE. I was thinking a few months ago, wow my blades are starting to dull, I should get more and I just never got to it. Now I have like 8 sets of the cutting patterns and won't have blades to use them. My heart is broken. I emailed every CM rep here in Columbus, checked on every online shopping site, NADA. Except for the one set on evilbay that's already up to $55 with 4 days left of bidding... Thanks for letting me rant to those who understand.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

Do a search on evil bay using just the words creative memory cutting. It casts a larger net and several replacement blades came up. Including 2 sets at only $19, 1 buy it now at $39 and a few others including 1 set at $17. But I am sure it won't stay that cheap long.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I have the older MS Circle Cutter and I love it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics