Username Post: Using existing furniture        (Topic#1588731)
flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

I found a 3-tiered cassette tape holder (made of wood & dowels. Probably 3' wide by 2-1/2' tall) in our closet. It's sturdy & barely been used. Can anyone think of a way to repurpose it in my scraproom? There's a long piece of wood at each end that holds the tiers in place. If the dowels on one end were accessible, I thought of possibly using it to hold ribbons...? Thoughts? Ideas?

Edited by flwrgrl on 06-14-13 10:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to flwrgrl

Are the slots wide enough to hold ink pads?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Nevermind - thought you meant cassette TAPE holder! Sorry!!

Maybe you can upload a pic of it?

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to flwrgrl

I have a friend who refixed the shelves so that they angled down toward the back, and she uses it for her larger ribbon rolls. She doesn't put the rolls on dowels, just sits them on the tilted shelves and because they tilt toward the back, they don't roll off.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to chocolateaxel

Ahhh so it IS a tape holder! I've seen people use them to hold ink pads, but take a look in the gallery under Scrap Rooms. There are some pretty ingenious uses of stuff in there!

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to Kim222

Ummm...well I can't figure out how to do that:(

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to flwrgrl

Can't figure out how to do what? Tilt the shelves, post an image or search the gallery?

Ah, it was originally for video tapes, not music or data tapes? I've seen those used to hold Cricut cart boxes. Can you lay a shelf over the back and front to make a solid storage shelf? Then you could display wooden stamps. If you hang butchers' hooks on the front rail first, you'd have hanging space under each shelf as well.

Nice find!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to RedSquirrel

I have a cassette holder coming tomorrow from a friend and can't wait it's going to hold all of my Tim Holtz's Distressing ink.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to RedSquirrel

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the picture of this cassette tape holder on here. So, I uploaded it on my gallery, if you want to see it, guess you'll have to jump over there:)

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to Sneezy1956

Would love to see a picture when you get it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics