Username Post: Project Life Question        (Topic#1588807)
Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

When you do project life, how do you remember when you took which photo or what you what to journal? I have considered doing Project Life, but i find it daunting because I don't always print photos right away. I usually wait until I get free prints from an online printing company.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to Crafting Marfa

I do a very relaxed version of project life So as long as the photo is in the right month, I am happy I do try and get a bit more organized on month's when I have more than one spread. So for May I had a bunch of photos from Memorial Day and made sure those photos were in the last spread before June. On my phone I have an app (instaCC)that shows which photos were taken on which day. For my camera photos I save them in a folder for each month and when I go into that folder they are organized by date taken. It is not a perfect system, but things are basically where they are supposed to be.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to rebeccakeppel

• rebeccakeppel Said:
I do a very relaxed version of project life So as long as the photo is in the right month, I am happy

This. Exactly. This is me!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

With that said, the date is/should be listed on both your camera, as well as each photo when you upload them onto your computer.

Some ladies keep a separate journal in combination with the project. Not only can you jot down dates of the pics, important moments, etc. but it can also be carried with you wherever you go, to journal whenever you have some extra time.

Hope that helps!

Capucine
Idol
Capucine
In response to KellyCali

I use the date in the properties of the photo. I also do a monthly PL and since I'm up-to-date, I don't really take extensive notes. What I do is I use the Post-it app on my PC to write ideas, stuff my dd said or big events that happened that month. But the journaling mostly comes by itself when I look at the pics. If you have a tendency to be late, then I would recommend a notebook or other way to record what you want to include. Marcy Penner also has great PL templates on her blog.
http://www.marcypenner.com/?page_id=10009

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Capucine

As long as your camera date is correct, it will be saved in exif properties of the photo file (even if you change / modify the original and save with the "date modified"). that way you can always look it up on the computer.
Most cameras will allow you to stamp the date/time on the photo.
There are also software packages that would do that for you later - I did that for the baby album (regular not scrapbook) - his face changed so fast, that I want to see the date for a reference . (you can google "photo time stamp applications" and pick something free). I like it better this way, so I can choose to print photos with or without dates.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to OlesyaK.

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions. I guess I better get a little more organized before I get on PL.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Crafting Marfa

If you have an iPhone there are lots of apps that can help you stay organized with project life. Otherwise everyone else's suggestions above should really help you out.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I've been going back and forth on doing a Project Life. I feel like my life is so boring, every day would be pictures of me sleeping or working. lol. But maybe it would motivate me to do more!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to mrsrogers52513

I have a planner where I not only keep my daily appointments or meetings (which aren't that many), but also has a journal space where I write things about the day. I do PL weekly, and almost always have TOO much to include. I keep a large post-it and write down the highlights for the week, like if there's a birthday, or lake day, or getting my hair done ... and fill in with whatever pics I took that week.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics