Username Post: White Stazon        (Topic#1588825)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-18-13 02:57 PM

Hi scrappeeps I have a question and it might be a dumb one but I'm fine with that

I have only ever used the black stazon, but I was looking to get some white stazon and I noticed it always comes with it's own extra reink bottle. Does it work differently than the black? Do you have to reink it each time or something like that? Or can anyone just tell me what's so special about the white one?

Thanks so much!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Vae

White tends to dry out fast and doesn't always stamp well.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to kygirlnfla

If you're looking for a white stamp pad, I really like the Adirondack Snow Cap. I haven't had a problem with it drying out, it is as moist as Staz On so easy to emboss if you choose, and it gives a good crisp color.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to chocolateaxel

I just used mine yesterday. Whenever I want to use it I have to reink it. The ink is more like paint. I only put it on the edge of the pad so I don't waste it. It isn't nearly as efficient as the black ink.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to 950nancy

My favorite white ink is Colorbox Frost White. It's very creamy though, so I usually set it aside to dry or use my heat gun for a few seconds with it, since it can smear. But I love how it looks, especially on vellum. I've been curious about the white StazOn too ...

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to tanyaham

I reink the white each time too. But then I don't use Stazon, unless it's something slick or the regular doesn't work. I'm just not a big fan. My fav white is PTI, but I don't think you can buy it anymore. I might try the Adirondack white. I like Ranger inks.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-19-13 09:38 PM
In response to SherylEb

Thanks everyone that makes more sense now. I'm glad I asked... I like the idea of just inking the corner. I would have been miffed if it was drying out on me and I wasn't prepared for it.

I'm looking for something to use on clear acrylic and acetate sheets. Darla, do you think the Adirondack would work on that?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Vae

I like this one too.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-20-13 07:52 AM
In response to CrimsonMama

Thanks Crimson! Is that the same kind of ink that will stick to clear acrylic?

Thanks!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

You'll need Staz On to stamp on non-porous surfaces. Use a steady hand, because the stamp can slip on the acrylic.

You can also freehand with Copics and/or alcohol ink in a pen.

Happy stamping!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics