Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How many layouts do you do in a month?        (Topic#1588841)
Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I used to do 4 or 5 layouts in a month, on average. But for the past few months I find myself doing one or two. I've been working art journaling and mixed media much more. What about you?

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to Crafting Marfa

I'm a very slow scrapper. At the very best I can do 4 layouts a month. Since my daughter was born, I'm lucky if I can do 1 a month.

3LittleLadies
Resident
3LittleLadies
In response to Mama2Thomas

Not as many as I would like to. I've done 4 so far this month, but all in the same day.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to 3LittleLadies

This year is prolific for me. I'm doing between 5 and 12 each month.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to RedSquirrel

I'm a real slow scrapper. My goal is at least 1 a week...that doesn't always happen though

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I am on about the same time frame as you all... Last month it was 6, this month so far 3. I'm fine with that though, it wouldn't be fun if I had to pressure myself.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-19-13 03:27 PM
In response to BJscrapsalot

This month, I haven't even finished one 2 pager, it's waiting though!

I'm slow too and simple, but I'm okay with that

I host a compliment corner thread, no challenges just layouts..we are all slow and don't chat much. Still have openings if anyone is interested. Yes I know, shameless plug!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KimKV

Depends on what's going on. I haven't done any layouts in a couple months, but I'm going on a trip soon so I'll be cranking out a few dozen layouts in the next month or so. Just depends on when scrap-worthy stuff happens (I don't have kids or pets, so I'm not generating adorable pictures on a regular basis).

I'm not slow - when I have stuff to work on I'm pretty fast - but because I don't have a backlog of stuff, I go long periods between scrappable events where the lack of output has nothing to do with my speed or free time and everything to do with already being done with the most recent vacation or baseball game or other fun thing. (I do do projects about myself and my childhood, that's largely all I've done this year, but now I'm in a holding pattern waiting to be able to scrap the trip I'm taking next week.)

Edited by aquabunny on 06-20-13 04:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to aquabunny

I'm a slow scrapper too. I can pull off about 5 or 6 a month when I'm not super busy with work. I go in spurts.

nanof8 
Resident
In response to olleharr

As I am retired a good month will see me do 15 plus a slow/bad month 1 to 4 layouts

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to nanof8

We are out of town a lot and I'm not able to scrap so many months there are none.

When I'm home, an average month is about 60-75.

I usually have about 400 at the end of a year and considering we are gone about 6 months of the year - the 6 months I'm home that is 60-70 a month.

I do travel layouts - or at least 95% travel layouts and I have a basic formula I work with and I do my journaling in the computer while I'm on the trip so they usually come together pretty easy for me.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Henri Jean

Not nearly as many as I would like to. If a spend a whole day with few interuptions, I can do 10 or so. Otherwise only 1 or 2 a month.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to momtokatie

Not enough! I'd love to do more, but I think I've done 10 or 15 so far......this year!!

Busy playing in mixed media and art journaling. I'm going to start combining them all. I have so many pics I can't wait to scrap!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-20-13 02:14 PM
In response to Kim222

Ditto. been too busy playing with mixed media and cards and not enough scrapping. We just moved though and I finally have a room so I'm hoping to be able to complete an album by end of year.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Vae

After finding this site and some good friends who I chat with way to much I've found that los come a very bad second...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Are you listening PDFers

A x

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Besneys

It depends on time. I used to do 20 a month. However the kids don't nap anymore and we have more activities during the day so i'm down to 5ish a month.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to Crafting Marfa

Not as many as I use to do because I am really trying to improve my layout style. If I go to a crop however, I'll do up to 20 there. It all depends. I don't like pressure, but this month I joined 2 challenges which inspired me. Yay!

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to bonprof

I used to do a lot more, but the past year has seen a lot of changes in our family and time just hasn't been available. But I am hoping to finish my first lo in over a year, this month. Then maybe I will get back on track and do at least 4 per month, maybe more.

Guru
In response to scrapnread

Not as many as I would like. I usually only get a few done evey month if I get to the crop. If I wind up not going then none. My craft room is a disater area and I am doing good to keep up on the rest of the house. My craft room doesn't even get touched in terms of going through all of the junk that has been stashed in it since it became a collect all room. :-(

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ihacodb

This month....only one!
Usually, I do a few....I've been busy lately and also not had a lot of inspiration....
I went to a weekend crop in April and finished 12 layouts, starting my BOM...
I've been buying a lot of supplies, just not using them! I need to stop the buying until I get more pages done!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics