Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Adhesive?        (Topic#1588913)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

If I were to change from using cm adhesive/ tape runner what should I switch to?

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to Vintageivy

You didn't say why you would want to change. I use three types of glue on my LO's. I always use the ATG on the back of my photos. I found that sometimes a liquid or wet glue can make photos buckle or not lay down evenly. I like glue pen for attaching a most everything else. It allows a tiny stream of glue to be dispensed. You need glue dots for fabrics and lace and acetate pieces so it does not show thru.

The only other one you might need is something like E6000 if you are attaching metal, plastic or something heavy.

I also have a spray glue but I got that to adhere vinyl fabric to an album so it was a special project.

So, I think you need more than one type. Does that help?

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to CrimsonMama

Thanks! I am worried that if the cm company stops carrying the tape runner adhesive I will need to change-sounds like the ATG would be a good choice.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Vintageivy

The ATG is the closest to a tape runner. But do you think CM will discontinue their adhesives? I would think they would be pretty staple products, wouldn't you?

Heather N
Veteran
Heather N
In response to RedSquirrel

I am not sure about anyone else, but I have been using Tombow for many years and love the product.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Heather N

Yes, Rosie, I'm convinced that CM will do away with their adhesives as we know them.

I think the scotch brand tape runners are the closest to CM at the moment. (In fact, IIRC, Scotch made CM's adhesive up until the bankruptcy). I'm not quite sure what I'm switching to when I use up my existing inventory of adhesive, but it will probably be photo squares.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to moxiegirl23

That's very sad Liz.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I use duck brand tape runners when my purdy pink ATG is out of adhesive and I don't have a chance to get more.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Seaexplore

I LOVE my ATG.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Luvmyfam

ABSOLUTELY LOVE my ATG! I wouldn't trade it for the world!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to mrsrogers52513

The MyStik refills are the closest/most comparable I've found to CM.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to scrapchica

I think that my ATG is the second best purchase I have ever made for scrapbooking. It pays for itself, and it's big enough you will never loose it on your scrap table

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to m.perk

I have to say my ATG is the best thing ever. I was always a CM adhesive girl but I found when I was doing a ton of scrapping that I was going through the adhesive to quickly so I switched to my ATG.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
I think that my ATG is the second best purchase I have ever made for scrapbooking. It pays for itself, and it's big enough you will never loose it on your scrap table

So YOU say. I've lost mine.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • m.perk Said:

How buried is your table?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • m.perk Said:

I'm with Megan lost mine this weekend at a retreat Need to tie it to my wrist or something but love it.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

At the moment, it's not bad. At the time I lost the ATG....very, very deep.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-24-13 08:36 AM

I lose mine every once in a while. I'm going to have my husband invent some sort of contraption that suspends my ATG from the ceiling by a stretchy cable. That way it stays out of my way but it's there when I need it Hmm... I wonder if SB.com would carry my new product line of tool suspenders

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

You need sky-hooks. In pink.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I'm all about my ATG 714. I use it for practically everything. I will sometimes use glue dots and liquid adhesive, when I have something (like a 3-D flower) that needs to be stuck down. And just this weekend I had something (a major 3-D flower and leaves) that I used hot glue on. But for all around adhesive, you can't beat the ATG!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics