Username Post: Paper Bag Albums, Anyone?        (Topic#1588927)
tavteach
Tenant
tavteach

[image]http://www.tinytreasuresbyt.blogspot.com[/image] I just completed my newest Paper Bag Scrapbook Album. I just love the patterned papers, ribbons, tags, textures, etc. in this mini. If you work on these types of albums, please direct me to your link. Let's keep the sharing going! ~Tava

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to tavteach

That is so pretty! Where do you get the paper bags that you start with? Do you buy them? Collect them? Make them?

tavteach
Tenant
tavteach
In response to RedSquirrel

Thank you. I usually buy white paper lunch bags (they also come in brown and are sold at most grocery stores). I have also created albums with other colored paper bags, which are found more with gift wrapping and gift bags. Thanks for your sweet comment!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to tavteach

We get purchased items put into small brown paper bags sometimes here in the UK, but they aren't uniform sizes. They aren't available to buy unless you're in retail and have access to wholesale shops, and then you'd have to buy in bulk.

I think we could use envelopes for a similar effect though maybe?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-22-13 01:42 PM

Tava, this is beautiful! Do you have a tutorial on how you made it? I've been curious about making one but I'm a little nervous... it looks very complicated. Gorgeous though!

tavteach
Tenant
tavteach
In response to Vae

Thank you Vae! I have shared some videos on my youtube channel: tinytreasuresbyt
I will work on creating a tutorial for creating these paper bag albums. They are so much fun to do, and it is something that I can often complete in a day (if I work really hard). Thanks for suggesting the "How-to" video. Glad to hear that you are interested in giving one of these albums a try! ~Tava

tavteach
Tenant
tavteach

Yes, Red Squirrel, You could use envelopes! Sometimes I even use cardboard pieces cut to size for the front and back covers of my albums (I often use cereal boxes and cut to needed size). Perhaps the cardboard could work for you as the pages (cover with scrapbooking paper) and use the envelopes as your tags. The possibilities are endless! ~Tava

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to tavteach

A paper bag album is something I've always wanted to do! Now that I'm getting more motivated, I think this is something I should work on first!

tavteach
Tenant
tavteach
In response to Vae

I have had several requests for video tutorials about how to make paper bag scrapbook albums. Check out my Youtube Channel: tinytreasuresbyt for some of my videos. If you have been looking for a new scrapbooking project, why not try a paper bag album. Have fun!~Tava

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics