Username Post: Creating Keepsakes        (Topic#1588961)
m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

Am I the only on disappointed in this months issue? It is so much smaller, and all it really says is to look online at the digital copy. I don't want to rely on digital. I like having it in print in order to see it as I scrap. Are they planning on going straight to digital??

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to m.perk

sorry to say i have been dissappointed in Ck for a long time

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to cescrapper

I saw the latest issue at the store; not surprising that it is so small. With all the ideas and inspiration that is offered on-line for free, why would you pay for a magazine?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to t-scraps

I prefer magazines myself. Not CK, I haven't bought it in years, but a couple of the Somerset mags have some great ideas and tips. I work on a computer on day, 5 days a week, so when I am finally at home and have the time to get crafty, I don't want to have to spend time looking at a computer. Or if I'm relaxing before bed, I like to flip through the magazines. Again, it would defeat the purpose of relaxing if I were sitting in front of a computer. Just my opinion.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to m.perk

I too was so disappointed in this month's issue. It's not relaxing to me to sit in front of a computer monitor.. too much work done that way.

So for me digital magazines don't work..

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-24-13 06:42 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Well I'm glad this thread got started! I signed up for a free issue, which I still haven't got. Sounds like that's all i'm going to get!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to KimKV

I have an old copy of a CK magazine and I liked it. I haven't seen it in the UK though. Like you, I prefer my mags in paper format.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RedSquirrel

I wasn't impressed at all. Good thing my subscription runs out in September. It was only 66 pages and held together with two staples!

I do like imspiration online but I can get so much for free these days with this gallery, Pinterest etc...no need to pay for one. Kinda sad though since I have been a subscriber for many years.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to parisdame

I got a renewal notice a few days after I got the "thin" mag. in the mail. I returned the renewal with a handwritten note saying that I will not renew because I do not want a digital mag. and have asked that they do not send any more renewal notes or offers. I agree with others about the Somerset magazines. I also like some of the Northridge publications (Cricut mag, Cards, etc.) The CK convention near me has also reduced in size each year... seems like less than half the vendors it used to have. I used to really look forward to the convention and their magazines.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to pinkpaperairedale

This month's issue is that last one in my subscription. I prefer digital, but its seems that CK thinks that the only tablet around is the iPad. I used to have one, but then I changed to the Galaxy II and CK doesn't work with Android. So there goes my subscription. I won't be renewing it. Which is unfortunate because I do love CK and I loved the digital version when I had the iPad.

Edited by Crafting Marfa on 06-24-13 03:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to m.perk

Yes, definitely a disappointment. I wasn’t going to renew my subscription, but the one I really wanted to keep went “belly up” last year and I wanted to have something. Now I wish I had not renewed it. Yes, sure, I get it on my iPad also, and there is additional info available there. However, I really, really like paper and ink for magazines. When I want to keep an article for future reference, I want to be able to just tear it out and immediately drop it into a file folder -- I don’t want to have to e-mail it to my computer and then print it out – haven’t even checked yet to see if that’s possible w/ the digital edition but assume it is. I have a bad feeling that they are heading for digital only in the future. Also, it seems awfully expensive to me for only 66 pages, especially since the paper and print quality are not as good as they used to be. Glad I only signed up for one year. When that runs out, that’s the end.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Ms. Fit

I was so surprised at how thin the magazine was. I actually thought I was missing the magazine and had only an insert! It looked to me like it just gave idea you had to then look for in their digital version. I prefer to have a paper magazine that I can sit back and enjoy!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Vintageivy

I too prefer a hard copy of the magazine. I haven't paid for a magazine in awhile though, but had thought about it now that I'm getting back into my crafting. I'll have to shop around though!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics