Username Post: TH Distress Ink Pads        (Topic#1588965)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

So, just to create a little convo, are the TH distress pads a passing fad? I got to looking at my distress ink chart, and realized how many I have left to get at $5 a piece... Is it worth the investment, or will they be "old school" and not used in a year or so? I have been using them to ink the edges or pieces or "smudge up" the cs with the sponges, or of course, using them as regular stamp pads. Just food for thought.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to scrapchica

I don't think of things as "fads". If I try something and like it, I'll keep using it whether anybody else is or not. Personally, I love the TH Distress Ink Pads and markers, and will continue to use them whether they are "popular" or not.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
I don't think of things as "fads". If I try something and like it, I'll keep using it whether anybody else is or not. Personally, I love the TH Distress Ink Pads and markers, and will continue to use them whether they are "popular" or not.

What she said

Also, if its the $ investment that concerns you, you dont have to buy every single one. You can just get the colors you use most, or even just 1 of each color family.

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to Kim222

I too agree with the above....I can't scrap without my TH Distress Ink Pads...I have tried others and I keep going back to those....they will never be a fad to me...and I will prolly freak out if they ever go away LOL!

Prenticekid
New Kid On the Block
Prenticekid
In response to alysmom09

I think Distress Inks are a staple in a way other products will not be. I think other things will come along that will be fun to use, say Distress Paints. But I don't think they'll be around for the long haul.

Expert
In response to Prenticekid

I too would consider them a staple--even if they are not for everyone. I had a couple before I even realized how popular they were; they were just something I liked the look of after using on a project at a LSS...and that was over 6 years ago!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to HuskerMom98

I love my distress pads and have had some for many years. I've never even thought of them as a fad, but more of an essential. I don't have them every color, but I have a nice variety of colors and that seems to work for me.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Luvmyfam

Yes, I'm using them for a lot of things now, and will probably continue to do so. Tonight, I made a card with them and achieved the perfect faded look with the stamp I was using. I just wish they clung to the clear stamps like pigment inks do.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho
In response to scrapchica

What everyone else said. I don't think about fads. If I like something, I like it. Of course it's fun to use/try the new things or what's "in" at the time but if I am still using it when it's "out", I doubt I'll look at that project years later and think or remember that I used it when it wasn't the cool thing. Your family probably won't know or care either.

I get what you're saying about the investment part of it but I think you run that risk no matter what it is, fad or not.

I'll use my distress inks and get new ones until I get sick of them or my taste changes whether or not anybody else likes it

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to AmyWho

I don't think they are going "out", but I think you should just use whatever YOU like!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics