Username Post: i need help deciding what to name/what do with my new album        (Topic#1588983)
squzalkitty
Tenant
squzalkitty

i am wanting to put together a scrapbook with holidays, but i can't decide if i should also put "fun times" in the same book. i want to put going to the beach, concerts, camping and going to the science museum, stuff like that in there. what do you think? i don't think i will have very many holiday pics so should i put birthday pics with holiday pics too? so many choices.

Edited by squzalkitty on 06-25-13 12:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to squzalkitty

There is no right answer here!

My albums are filed chronologically (I don't scrap that way) by year, except for vacations. Vacations go in separate albums specific for the vacation. At least, when I actually DO a vacation album, that's how I'm going to have it.

If it's any help to you, I began scrapping only 5 years ago, knowing that I would never be "caught up" and with no intention of attempting that. I decided not to tie myself down except that I would aim to have at least one LO for each month. I aimed to keep up with the current LOs, and choose others from the past.

That was in 2008 and over 200 LOs later, the only blanks I have are one from 2006, a few from 2005, and before that my photos are not digital so that's a whole different system to work with. I'm not suggesting you do the same, but my system is very freeing.

How do you want to look back at your albums? By time period, chronologically, by year? By subject: all birthdays together, all Christmasses together, all visits to the museums together?

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I have "Family Albums" where I put holidays, birthdays, etc. Then I have albums that just focus on my Grandson. Some of the pictures overlap, but that's okay. If I have a big vacation (trip to Maui for a week), then I make a separate album for that. It just depends on what I want the focus to be.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to bonprof

I have a Christmas album and one for Halloween....all our camping trips, hikes, Science Centre etc...are in our Things We Do album....

My Christmas album for instance, has our family photos from Christmas in it but it also has favourite recipes, decorations, other things I want to remember about Christmas.....so there is not an issue filling up the album.
I just think it's nice to look back and see the changes through the years......

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

here is what I do & It works great. I have albums titled Daycations. In there is places we go. zoo, fairs, amusement parks, museums,water parks,places we go on the weekends like hotels, little trips overnight. state parks, rivers, picnics etc.
for holidays like Thanksgiving, Xmas, easter, halloween, new years etc...I put them in albums for ea season. In Winter has Xmas, New Years, snow stuff.
In fall is hallooween, thanksgiving, other fall pics pics of leaves & playing in them etc. Spring has Valentines day, easter, etc.
I have sports albums too so if we go to a sporting event, I put it in the sports books.
I have vacations in their own books.

Edited by anda11 on 06-26-13 07:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to anda11

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

squzalkitty
Tenant
squzalkitty
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:

for holidays like Thanksgiving, Xmas, easter, halloween, new years etc...I put them in albums for ea season. In Winter has Xmas, New Years, snow stuff.
In fall is hallooween, thanksgiving, other fall pics pics of leaves & playing in them etc. Spring has Valentines day, easter, etc.

thanks i like this idea. everyones elses ideas are awesome too.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

great ideas!!!!
About a year ago I started my own holiday book!!!
It is a red fabric covered 8x8 book.
I have New Years, Valentines parties (at school) Forth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
I have one page for text that is like this:
who, what, where, why etc. all jouranling.
then on the next page I have a single photo representing that holiday: get it???
It works for me so far, only one photo might be a little minimal??
thanks, mg

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to mindygail

I did an album like that a year of hoidays actually. it was fun.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics