Page 1 of 33 
Username Post: July Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1589019)
Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 04:14 AM

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

July is coming! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until July 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than July 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Quay Sadler
2021 We. 2175 N.
Lehi, UT 84043

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com (why their is a space in gmail is beyond me...so don't put one there. hehe)
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

4. Winner for completing the most dailies. If there is a tie, a random drawing will be done on random.org for the winner of this category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~
Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or before July 31 count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on July 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week: 1-7 Teresa
Week: 8-14 Karen
Week: 15-21 New Julie
Week: 22-28 Quay
Week: 29-31 Quay

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

PLAYERS-
Paid-
Quay- 44/15
Teresa- 3/10
Karen- 5/9
BJ- 5/5
New Julie- 9/20
Julie- 0/20
Norma- 6/15
Jen- 0/10
Bev- 0/8
Anne- 14/15

Motivational-
Lyn-
Paula-

"JUNE WINNERS"

1. "MOST POINTS OVERALL" NORMA
2. "MOST POINTS 10 OR FEWER" KAREN
3. "RANDOM DRAWING OF EVERYONE WHO MET THEIR MONTHLY GOAL" BEV
4. "MOST DAILIES COMPLETED" TERESA
Congratulations to all the winners!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 04:15 AM
In response to Quay

~Points List~
July 2013

(print this out so when you want to add up your points you have it right next to your LO)

BONUS POINTS!!!!

take +400 bonus points if you pay by July 1st,
take +300 points if you pay by July 5th,
take +200 points if you pay by July 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (rub on, flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, chalk, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape (includes chipboard die-cut)
- PER flower (the whole flower not counting each layer)
- PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 20 pts for each identical one)
- PER punch used
- PER each color of washi tape
- PER each foam piece ~new~
- PER each felt piece ~new~
- PER each tulle piece ~new~
- PER each acetate piece ~new~
- PER item used that is over 1 years old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 1 years, not just taken over 1 years ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!

75 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
PER- creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
PER- chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
PER- using a quote or song lyrics
PER- having journaling on your LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) or 8x8 or smaller layout's (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU, not machine made) flower on your project
- handmade frame
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- PER wet or dry embossed image
- for using one or more of the following themes:Summer bbq's/Vacation places/Reunions
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)
- paper piecing ~new~
- tags ~new~
- banner ~new~

75 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +25 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- pages with no pics ~new~
- 12x12 overlays ~new~
- masking or stenciling ~new~

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:

- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture cut in the shape of a circle
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +20 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER black & white vintage photo
- PER picture taken during March 2013 or later
- for rounding your corners on your picture

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for project/page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies)
- 50 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 75 pts for 50+ words or 100 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
100 POINTS:

- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!
- machine sewing,
- for altered item/home decor item created,
- for scraplifting
- new technique for you, that you used, (must explain what technique you used)

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 04:16 AM
In response to Quay

~Daily Challenges~

1.Do a Stars and stripes page ...can be a 4th of July page or just a page with stars and stripes +200
For bonus points use red, white and blue.+100
Set up your siggy for +100
2.do some kind of doodling on your card, layout or project +150
Bonus points doodle in red, white or blue +100
3.I had fun on my girls night out..so for the daily challenge..do a page on girls night out or something fun you have done + 200
Bonus points if you scrap girls night out +150
4.Enjoy the day!! Free points!! +250
5. Use rub-ons on a layout card or project. +200
Bonus points take an extra +20 for each rub-on used
6.Do a layout,project or card with some bling +200
Bonus points +10 for each jewel you use on your layout,project or card
7.Use the colors Lime Green,Yellow and Orange on a layout,card or project +200
Bonus points Use a number somewhere on your project +75
8.Mist "and" Mask on "only 1/3" of your LO. (LO only) 300pts
9.Christmas in July
Create a LO with Christmas theme. 250pts OR
Create a Christmas Card 125pts
Bonus: Add an ornament, tree, or snowflake to the page or card +75pts
Bonus #2: Use NON-TRADITIONAL (NO GREENS, OR REDS) +50pts
10.Something I have yet to do myself. Going to step completely outta my box on this one.
Clean and Simple:
NO INKS, DYE'S, MISTS, PAINTS, DISTRESSING OF ANY KIND.
ONLY INK ALLOWED IS FOR STAMPING AND JOURNALING.
Follow the link provided for guidance. Keep your LO clean and simple with just the techniques of layering, piecing and so on. As you can see a page can really pop without all the fuss. Give your page some dimension with all those supplies laying around.
300pts
No Ink Embellish Away!!
11. Letters/Initials
Take the first letter of your first, middle and last name and use those letters to incorporate something unique on your page. Be sure to tell us what your initials are and what you incorporated for those letters.
This is a lot like the ABC challenge. Here is a unique one for the letter S - Sea.
It doesn't have to be extravagant for the letter. But something a little out of the ordinary. 275pts
12.Pick any one of the previous dailies and do it again. Just one daily, and please be sure to let us know which one you are repeating. 250pts
13.We love our flowers. I know I do, even on boy pages! This includes any type of flower. Felt, chipboard, paper, sticker, die cut, etc ..... as long as they are layered on one another.
For "each layer" on "each flower" 15pts "up to 300pts".
Now get to using those hoarded flowers, and rack up those points!!
14. Double it
Upload a card, lo, or project and double your points. "ONE" NOT ALL.
15.Paint use paint on a layout either background or paint some chipboard 200 Points bonus 20 Points for each different colour used
16.Daily Use a song title as either your title or parts of your journaling 250 Points don't forget to mention the song
17.Anything Goes 100 Points card 200 Points layout 300 Points Off the page
Yes if you do all 3 take all points
18.Pink Blues and Purples use one colour 2 colours or 3 colours you can use other colour but Pink Blue Purple must be the main colour 250 Points take extra 100 Points if you use all 3 colours
19.Daily Scrap a card or layout in your favourite colour or colours 200 Points extra 100 Points if you use a photo of yourself
20. Brads I wanna see at least 3 different brads 200 Points
21.die cuts, flowers, ribbon, chipboard, ink, rub on, paint, more then one photo. Use 3 items at least on the list 😊 300 points
22.Scrap on the edge of your page making a negative space 200 pts
23. Go stripes, everything in stripes 200 pts
24.Use maps on your LO 175 pts
25.Use patterned paper that helps tell the story of your layout 200 pts
26.Keep all your page elements in a central column 175 pts

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 04:17 AM
In response to Quay

~Weekly Challenges~

Week 1-7Use the following on your layout , card or project ...use ink or paint in some way masking, inking, paint splatters... use some of your scraps, use a metal embellishment ..brad ,eyelet etc.. +375
Bonus points Use the theme 4th of July +150

Weekly photo's
Happiness is .... +150
Shoes +150
Red, white and blue +150

Week 8-14Old adage we tend to forget to use that gives a little pop to our pages.
Paper Piecing
Paper piece on your LO 200pts
Bonus points for Paper Piecing:
Doodle on it 50pts
Distress it 50pts
Add glossy accents to it 50pts
Stamp on it 50pts
Wet OR Dry emboss on it 50pts
Make it 3D 50 pts
Lots of points that can be added to this technique... use 'em up!!!
***Extra Bonus!!!***
Create a "layered" embellishment and add it to your page for another 100Pts.

Weekly photo's
Something Sour: 125pts
Something Sweet: 125pts
A "Must Do": 125pts
An "Absolute NOT": 125Pts

Week 15-21
Weekly challenge By Julie
Take 300 Points

Weekly photo's
Something New
Something Borrowed
Something Blue
100 Points per photo

Week 22-28Let's use some of old scrap tools...remember the scissors, the different patterned stencils, rulers??? Well whatever you had back in the day bring them out and use them. You can use only your old tools and you have to list what tools you used and where. If you have thrown away your old tools, and you have a cricut or cameo you may not use it. You all can use scissors, stickers, punches only...step back in time and make a fabulous LO using the old school way! 450Pts

Weekly photo's
a picture of one of your old scrap tools tools 150pts
scrap markers 150pts
scrap scissors, the fancy ones 150pts

Week 29-31
Weekly photo's

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 04:18 AM
In response to Quay

~Monthly Challenge~

This monthly challenge is similar to a book of me. Use this format example to set up a book of July and what you did all month. Take pictures, and keep records and tell stories of your events and daily happenings. Make up your own format or look one up. It doesn't matter. Also make a minimum of 5 LO's to show what you did in July. Be creative and show us who you are by writing and taking photo's all month long. Have fun with this and who knows you might want to make a years worth of special books just like this one!!
6000 pts.

An extra 2000 pts. If you make this into an album or book!

example By Quay

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Quay

Of course I'm in!
I'm down for 9 right now, may change it who knows? hehe

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to SplendidMoments

Will also take a week of challenges

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

I am in for 10 layouts ...going to play it safe as i start work on the 8th and not sure how much scrapping I will feel like. I have already sent money and I can do a week of challenges too.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 03:44 PM

• SplendidMoments Said:
Will also take a week of challenges

YaY! You are one of my besties here... I have you down for 9 (for now) lol And how about week 2?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 03:47 PM
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
I am in for 10 layouts ...going to play it safe as i start work on the 8th and not sure how much scrapping I will feel like. I have already sent money and I can do a week of challenges too.

And another one of my besties here... how does week 1 sound for challenges, since you start work on the 8th? And I have you down for 10

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Quay

week 2 is great!
Your a bestie too!

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to Quay

You know I'm in! Surgery is on the 2nd, and we start school on the 15th, so better be motivational again. Still going to try for 8 LOs.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-27-13 05:48 PM
In response to justLyn

Okie Dokie Lyn.... Motivational it is my friend!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Quay

Sounds good Quay Love all the new items for points and loving the monthly challenge
Great Job Quay !!!

Edited by Teresakay on 06-27-13 05:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
You know I'm in! Surgery is on the 2nd, and we start school on the 15th, so better be motivational again. Still going to try for 8 LOs.

Lyn, good luck! My surgery is on the second also for the woman stuff. I cannot wait. I have been in so much pain this past week and getting worse. I feel like I am in labor.

Good luck! Will be thinking of you and praying.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

Just checking in from Florida to make sure I don't miss any sign ups.... Put me down for 5 again please

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to BJscrapsalot

Well I'm in again tho I think I am only going for 20 layouts

I'll let you know when I pay and I can do a week if needed

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-28-13 05:49 PM
In response to BJscrapsalot

• BJscrapsalot Said:
Just checking in from Florida to make sure I don't miss any sign ups.... Put me down for 5 again please

Having fun from Florida without us? lol Glad your back in for July BJ... and 5 it is!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-28-13 05:50 PM
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

YaY! Julie is here... and 20 it is for you girlfriend! And how about week 3 for challenges? Your a life saver Julie!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • julie101 Said:

YaY! Julie is here... and 20 it is for you girlfriend! And how about week 3 for challenges? Your a life saver Julie!

Yes that's fine

I feel July is going to be a good month lol

Page 1 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics