Page 3 of 23 
Username Post: July VLB- Summer Is In Full Swing!        (Topic#1589073)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to jazzescrapper

• jazzescrapper Said:
Please sign me up. It's been a couple of months and now that graduation for my son is over and homeschooling is over for another couple of months I can get down to scrapbooking. The only thing left is my daughters baby shower and the baby coming in Aug but those are totally fun things.

Suuuue! I have a package of fisherman's netting all set to go out to you, and I never sent it! I'm so sorry. I will put it in my "take to work" pile so it can go out this week! Welcome back!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

ACU. Nice to see you over here, Minday!

I had to get out of the house earlier, so I went to Ms. Picked up a bunch of the LYB burlap, cork and wooden pieces, all on clearance. I had one regular priced item, so I pulled out my phone to get the standard issue 40% off one item coupon. It was 40% off your entire regular price purchase from 4pm-close, today only! I didn't go overboard, but I got an ATG refill, some more of the SN@P paper that I love, and a Ghiradelli chocolate square, in addition to the other items.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
ACU. Nice to see you over here, Minday!

I had to get out of the house earlier, so I went to Ms. Picked up a bunch of the LYB burlap, cork and wooden pieces, all on clearance. I had one regular priced item, so I pulled out my phone to get the standard issue 40% off one item coupon. It was 40% off your entire regular price purchase from 4pm-close, today only! I didn't go overboard, but I got an ATG refill, some more of the SN@P paper that I love, and a Ghiradelli chocolate square, in addition to the other items.

WTG, Lesley!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapperbee

Did no scrapbooking today. Got 15 or 16 pages done last week so took a day off from it today. Tomorrow my goal is to get the Charleston pictures done and take photos of a lot more layouts.

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to Henri Jean

I hope there's still room for me! I was away from the computer all weekend so I missed the challenge posting.

LOTO

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to MelissaW

Yep in again thanks

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to julie101

Morning everyone!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to autumngold

Thanks Rebecca for hosting and for your first post -- I giggled when I read it.

Hi Sue & Mindy -- good to see both of you.

Left Hong Kong today and now back on Mainland China. So sad I lost my facebook. Sigh.

Some of the ladies here have seen a few of my pics -- I think it's hysterical that the favorite (most comments that is) pic is the one of the toilet! I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would do a lo about a toilet -- but it's in my future.

Ok -- need some thoughts. Ive been thinking about my lo's and want to use kraft pp and a paper line that has reds/golds in it. Any suggestions. It can have other colors too -- but I want to try to stick with one line for this album. Doesnt have to be asian themed but if you know of one -- please let me know.

Miss all of you -- will be flying home on Saturday.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

I didn't see your toilet photo - would love to. I did layouts of toilets in China and several countries in Asia. Did a toilet layout in Vietnam and will be doing one of the men's urinal in the Pera Palace Hotel in Istanbul.

I never really thought about it but I've really have done several toilet layouts!

Asian countries have the squatters! I walked miles out of the way to find western toilets!

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to MelissaW

I'm in. Lost internet for most of the weekend. It's back for now. Ready to switch to a new provider though as this is an issue since we've moved in.

Gorgeous day here. No big plans either. DH is climbing a fourteener with a friend so he won't be home til later. Gonna chill.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to lpeeps

Peeking in, LOTO, and updating first post...

LOL, I missed the toilet pic, gonna have to check your FB Eileen!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

I guess you have to have good knees if you have to go in China. Yikes. I thought it was bad this weekend when I had to break down and go in the port-a-potty at a festival we went to - haven't been in one in seven years, and I plan to avoid them for at least another seven. Yuk. LOL

DOO:
Family snapshots By Dancinirish90

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dancinirish90

I hate porta-potties! But I hate the squatters too. Since I usually wear jeans - I refuse to use the squatters and was always able to find a western toilet but it wasn't always easy.

In one bathroom the stall had a squatter when you walked in and you had to step over it to get to the western toilet in the same tiny stall. That was very strange.

For anyone who doesn't know what a squatter is - this is it and it is in the floor: (Although the purpose of these photos - the soap was screwed onto a metal thing on the wall in both bathrooms.

Toilet Man and Toilet Woman By Henri Jean

In other countries bathrooms are very different. I went in one in Asia - Shanghai or Singpore probably and hit a button next to the toilet and it start playing music next to me.

When we were in Vietnam Bill called me into the men's room because he liked it so much. The urinals were across the wall and above it the wall was cut out and completely open over the bay. It was a beautiful view. Never saw that before!

Vietnam - Bathroom with a View! By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hawaii - Lights! Camera! Action By Henri Jean

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

I despise public restrooms and will avoid them at all costs-ALL COSTS! I also carry seat covers in my purse. Yep, that's me.

I have a friend who teaches in India. She paid lots of money to have a western toilet installed in her home. I think those are the worst-hole in the floor
kinda thing. YUK!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Claggy

Forgot about the toilets in India. They are often just holes in the ground!

We usually look for a McDonald's - they are usually pretty clean, they have western toilets and they are free. So many countries like India do not feel the toilet seats are sanitary even though the restroom is filthy so they remove the seats and you are down to porcelain.

I also avoid them at all costs but when you are on vacation for several weeks are months - you just can't hold it that long. I would if I could!

In a lot of places they charge $1.00 per sheet for toilet paper or 1 euro. I've learned to carry my own tissue for toilet paper. The rate now is about $1.38 American for 1 Euro. Or was 2 months ago.

It was 1 Euro to go in the toilets all over Europe so we learned to look for McDonald's.

In one McDonalds in Venice we ate lunch and threw the receipt out with the meal. We both went to the restrooms and found that you had to have a code to get into the stall - a little code pad was installed next to each stall door. The code was on the food receipt in the main trash can.

Someone told Bill what the code was in the men's room but I didn't have it in the ladies room. There was a bathroom Nazi in their and she didn't allow talking to give anyone the code.

Every time anyone came out of a stall she ran in to check it and clean it if necessary (it was immaculate) and when she ran in to check one stall someone came out of another and held the door open for me.

The place where you wash your hands was in between the men's and women's rooms so you washed your hands together. Very strange to me.

Bill washed his hands and took a paper towel and the Nazi yelled "NO!" and grabbed the paper towel out of his hands. I think she was mad because someone gave him the code.

After that, at every McDonald's we kept our codes all day so if we were walking around and needed to go back to the restrooms we could get in.

We definitely didn't throw any more McDonalds receipts away with the garbage!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

How bizarre!

Have another to drop off:

Grad By Dancinirish90

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to dancinirish90

Here's one:

King's Dominion By Autumngold

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to autumngold

Checking in.

I had no idea about the toilets until Eileen posted that picture. I've traveled outside the US a few times. But never in Asia countries.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to mindyradio

So we kind of unexpectedly had to buy 'new to us' furniture last night. We had planned on buying a new one in a bout a year or so. But my 3 y/o son, Ian, decided to take a permanent black marker to the couch, a desk, the floor, a glass table, and a chair. Most of it came off except for the cream colored couch and the desk. Anyway, we spent last night getting the 'new' furniture and moving out the old and today I spent deep cleaning the floors, walls, and such. Tomorrow after I go buy another shelf, we are putting all the new stuff I've been collecting for a year to re-do the living room. I guess in a way it's a good thing he ruined the furniture. It got me off my rear end to get the re-do of the living room done finally. But don't tell him I said that. He's still in deep trouble.

Page 3 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics