Page 4 of 23 
Username Post: July VLB- Summer Is In Full Swing!        (Topic#1589073)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mindyradio

Sounds like you have a great attitude about this! And new furniture is fun, even if it isn't off the showroom floor! My son just bought "new to him" bedroom furniture (except for the bed - he kept his old bed) and its as much fun as if he had bought it showroom new and it cost a whole lot less!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Henri Jean

William hands 2009 By AllAmy

2009 Family By AllAmy

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to AllAmy

One more from me today - while I had those pp's out to do her graduation pages, I made my cousin's card so I can send her gift.

Congrats Graduation card By Dancinirish90

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to dancinirish90

acu to here

Minday, the age of three just sucks. Ellie is so much more ON than her sister ever was. I heard a weird noise coming from downstairs the other day and found her dancing in milk she had spilled on the coffee table. And she screams and cries at the slightest provocation. "Mommy, I want a snackie." "Ok, come upstairs and we'll have lunch." *screams* "No, I don't want wunchie, I want a snackie!!" Finally get her upstairs and she throws a fit because I made her eat carrots first (the horror) and threw her food on the floor. *sigh*
We're keeping very busy this summer. I had 7 weddings in May and June. That slows down a little now, thankfully; 2 in July, a concert, the WTTS retreat, August will be busy with a trip to visit my in laws, my oldest's tenth birthday, a couple of weddings to photograph, and then back to school. My oldest is taking summer ballet and gymnastics, I've been taking fitness bootcamp classes at our local YMCA (Muscle Bootcamp and Cardio Bootcamp...they are brutal, kick butt classes, but I've gotten to a point where I'm pretty proud to have stuck it out and keep coming back) and water aerobics.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to dancinirish90

Hi ladies jci and finally DO2 that I did yesterday.

We will remember you By Tena E.

hangin' on By Tena E.

Off to get ACU

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Tena E.

Acu.

Three wasn't as bad as four for us. Five is just...manic. Nina is for the most part a really sweet kid but the mood swings are pretty big at this age. Thankfully, she has never written on our furniture.

julie101
Idol
julie101

Here is my firs for July

Lizard Love By Julie101

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

• Henri Jean Said:
Forgot about the toilets in India. They are often just holes in the ground!

We usually look for a McDonald's - they are usually pretty clean, they have western toilets and they are free. So many countries like India do not feel the toilet seats are sanitary even though the restroom is filthy so they remove the seats and you are down to porcelain.

I also avoid them at all costs but when you are on vacation for several weeks are months - you just can't hold it that long. I would if I could!

In a lot of places they charge $1.00 per sheet for toilet paper or 1 euro. I've learned to carry my own tissue for toilet paper. The rate now is about $1.38 American for 1 Euro. Or was 2 months ago.

It was 1 Euro to go in the toilets all over Europe so we learned to look for McDonald's.

In one McDonalds in Venice we ate lunch and threw the receipt out with the meal. We both went to the restrooms and found that you had to have a code to get into the stall - a little code pad was installed next to each stall door. The code was on the food receipt in the main trash can.

Someone told Bill what the code was in the men's room but I didn't have it in the ladies room. There was a bathroom Nazi in their and she didn't allow talking to give anyone the code.

Every time anyone came out of a stall she ran in to check it and clean it if necessary (it was immaculate) and when she ran in to check one stall someone came out of another and held the door open for me.

The place where you wash your hands was in between the men's and women's rooms so you washed your hands together. Very strange to me.

Bill washed his hands and took a paper towel and the Nazi yelled "NO!" and grabbed the paper towel out of his hands. I think she was mad because someone gave him the code.

After that, at every McDonald's we kept our codes all day so if we were walking around and needed to go back to the restrooms we could get in.

We definitely didn't throw any more McDonalds receipts away with the garbage!

After using the most disgusting public restroom in Oxford England, which now that I had taken a picture or two. I don't mind paying to use the restroom nor do I mind squatting. Give me toilet paper and a small hole and I'm pretty good.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to AuntyT

5 Dollar Snap By Julie101

Next one

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to julie101

Hope you all didn't mind the potty talk. It's so strange to us -- but I've become quite a pro.

Mindy -- how are the teeth heeling? Sorry I forgot to ask the other day. My bad.

Had a 60 minute foot massage tonight for $20 -- OMG it was fantabulous.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Just relaxing in the hotel -- forgot to tell you one more thing.

My little fella Elliot was adopted while I am on vacation. I also had been dog sitting another guy -- and he was adopted while I'm gone too. Guess I should leave more often.

That means I get a new foster baby when I get home!!!!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

• mindyradio Said:
So we kind of unexpectedly had to buy 'new to us' furniture last night. We had planned on buying a new one in a bout a year or so. But my 3 y/o son, Ian, decided to take a permanent black marker to the couch, a desk, the floor, a glass table, and a chair. Most of it came off except for the cream colored couch and the desk. Anyway, we spent last night getting the 'new' furniture and moving out the old and today I spent deep cleaning the floors, walls, and such. Tomorrow after I go buy another shelf, we are putting all the new stuff I've been collecting for a year to re-do the living room. I guess in a way it's a good thing he ruined the furniture. It got me off my rear end to get the re-do of the living room done finally. But don't tell him I said that. He's still in deep trouble.

LOL, you see, he WAS being helpful!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Morning gals, LOTO...

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

acu...

I should be doing things around the house today, but I choose instead, to play around on the internet.. lol!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to byondbzr

Good morning! Tabs open... working on finishing up a project and finishing my coffee!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MelissaW

Happy Birthday Roan - 1 By Henri Jean

Happy Birthday Roan - 2 By Henri Jean

Happy Birthday Roan - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

The most disgusting toilets to us were in India and Egypt. Paying for the privilege of going in the toilet does not mean that it is clean. Some of the dirtiest I've ever seen - I paid to go into.

Also I don't like paying if the restroom is in a place where I'm already spending my money. In one place in Italy we went to the grocery store and bought a 12 pack of Coke and several other things to take back to the ship. Since we bought groceries, I didn't like paying to go in the restroom and it wasn't particularly clean.

But a public restroom on the street, I don't mind paying for although I will not pay for toilet paper - take my own package of tissues which works just fine.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:

Mindy -- how are the teeth heeling? Sorry I forgot to ask the other day. My bad.

Better, but not great yet. The left side is still swollen and tender. Can't eat on that side at all yet. I go back for another checkup today.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Pookahbot

• Pookahbot Said:
acu to here

Minday, the age of three just sucks. Ellie is so much more ON than her sister ever was. I heard a weird noise coming from downstairs the other day and found her dancing in milk she had spilled on the coffee table. And she screams and cries at the slightest provocation. "Mommy, I want a snackie." "Ok, come upstairs and we'll have lunch." *screams* "No, I don't want wunchie, I want a snackie!!" Finally get her upstairs and she throws a fit because I made her eat carrots first (the horror) and threw her food on the floor. *sigh*

oh my that does sound like a three year old with an attitude!!! at least it's not just my kid LOL))
He's okay most of the time - despite this do-it-this-way-or-else phase, until he decided that napping during the day was a waste of time... by 7 he had the inconsolable uncontrollable crying jag for twenty minutes straight!! poor kid was just tired but would not admit it..

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to OlesyaK.

dropping off two double pagers
Buskerfest By OlesyaK.
Air Show By OlesyaK.

Page 4 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics