Hi everyone! Welcome to another month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.
The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - product, color, technique, and theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between July 1 and midnight PST July 31, 2013 will qualify.
At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK. In addition, I will send a little something to an eligible challenge participant chosen by Random.org. To be eligible for this second RAK, a player must enter at least one LO in the challenge, check into the thread at least a few times during the month, AND send in votes before I set up the poll.
Please, read the specs for each challenge carefully! If you have a question, ask!
Category One ~ Product: Rub-ons
Dig out those rub-ons and use some on a LO this month.
Twist: Use rub-ons from at least 2 different packages.
Category Two ~ Color: Lime Green, Yellow, & Orange
I want to see these fresh-squeezed summer colors on your LO's in July. Create a page using lime green, yellow, and orange. You may use neutrals as needed.
Twist: Use a number somewhere on your page. It can be in your title, the date, or in the journaling, but please be sure to tell us where it is.
Category Three ~ Technique: Doodling
Try some doodling on a page this month. It can be as simple as a border or an insect trail or it can be an elaborate, completely doodled background. Go for it!
Twist: Do your doodles in red, white, or blue.
Category Four ~ Theme: Stars & Stripes
Our theme this month is Stars & Stripes. You can do a Fourth of July page, a military page, or even just a page with both stars and stripes somewhere on it – it's up to you, but be sure to let us know how your page fits the theme.
Twist: Incorporate at least one circle in your page design.
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.
2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.
3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!
4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.
Logan 2009 By AllAmy
1. Kena (Bubblegirl) 1*,2*,3*,4
2. Julie (Julie101) 1
3. Carol (NMscrapper) 2*,4*
4. Karen (SplendidMoments) 1*,2,3*,4*
5. Teresa (Teresakay) 3*
6. Laura (Scrap Chica)
7. Sandra (sasload4)
8. Jeannie (dollscrap)
9. Melody (FinallyMama) 1,2,3,4
10. Shatema (babigirl)
11. Amy (AllAmy) 1,2*,3*,4*
12. Tena (Tena E.) 1*,2*,3*,4
13. Corky (under5feet) 2
14. Ana (Scrappin_baby) 3*,4*
15. Bev (scrapperbee)
16. Lesley (LesleyC) 1*,2*,3*,4*
17. Linda (lindaj3) 1,2*,3*,4*
18. Amanda (Scrapanda) 1*,2*,3*,4*
19. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 1*,2*,3*,4*
20. Drea (DreaSlee) 1*,2,4
21. Becky (beck_bear) 1,2*,3,4
22. Erin (silver26AK)
23. Rhonda (YourScrapAttack) 1*,2*,3*,4
24. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,2*,3
25. Denay (denayc) 1,2*,3*,4*
26. Laura (lcmemories) 4*
27. Christy (Siimplicity) 1*,2*,3*,4*
28. Marci (Marcilb) 1,4*
29. Carolyn (Vincarash) 1*
30. Anne (Taeklund) 4
31. BJscrapsalot 4*
32. Norma (Njr007) 4