Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Would you help me on a photo jouney?        (Topic#1589129)
MeMovieGal
New Kid On the Block
MeMovieGal

I want to get every photo of County Courthouses across America. However I know I will never get to all of them. I know they are available all over the net, but that feels like cheating. So I figured if I could reach out to those with a passion for scrapbooking/photography/ history etc., and they would be willing to snap County Courthouses in their area, well that would make me feel more like the project was valid. So would you help me? I need photos from everywhere. They will be truly appreciated and cherished. I completed my New Mexico pages of the photos I have so far so you can see my layout format, and how I will be displaying them. I will put the name or username of the person that sends me a photo, and where they are from if you provide that info. A photo of you too if you would like. New Mexico County Courthouses
I will send you my email if you are interested in helping me.
Thank you so much
Maribeth

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to MeMovieGal

Very interesting. Loved the layouts. Why, if you don't mind me asking, did you decide to do a book on courthouses? Do you work there?

MeMovieGal
New Kid On the Block
MeMovieGal
In response to lifethroughalens

I love taking photos of buildings, mostly historic or interesting architecture, but pretty much all kinds. The Courthouse idea came about because I thought that was a good way-marking tool when my goal was to attempt to see as many in the US as I could (which is still a dream, just probably not a realistic one). Then I just really fell in love with the idea of obtaining these even though I probably can't see them all myself. I thought there would be tons of people out there happy to snap a photo for me, but it looks like I have not yet found the right forum for this. Thank you for your question.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens

I think it is a neat idea, as my job takes me to the courthouse quite often. I live in one county, drive through another county and work in yet another. If you are not in a big hurry for them, I don't mind "snapping" a photo when I do go, however I don't really know when until I show up at work. Sometimes I can end up visiting 2 additional courthouses in surrounding counties, just never know.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to lifethroughalens

I have lots of courthouse pics since we like to stop and visit them, especially in smaller towns, but they are buried in hard drives. If I get a chance I'll see if I can find any quick~

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

I have a really cool old courthouse picture I can share with you - its really an old lean two and is identified as Choctaw County (Alabama's) oldest courthouse established in 1847. It looks like it is just about ready to fall over but I'll send it if you pm me your email address.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Henri Jean

I go by the Brown County (in WI) Courthouse pretty often when my friend and I go for walks on the trail nearby. The next time we go I'll be sure to stop and take a picture for you!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to mrsrogers52513

Since you have many done from NM, I was wondering if you live here. You already have my county courthouse in your album.

MeMovieGal
New Kid On the Block
MeMovieGal
In response to NMlady

NMlady

Yes, I do live NM. I live in Moriarty. We were down at Oliver Lee State Park this spring and that is when I snapped the Otero County Courthouse. Thank you for checking out my pages. I am so excited about this project, but I have to try to be patient as I know it is going to take time to find people all over the country to snap a photo for me.

Maribeth

MeMovieGal
New Kid On the Block
MeMovieGal

Thank you all so far that have sent me Courthouse photos, I am making pages right now, and having a wonderful Friday evening. I just love opening up my email and finding a photo of a Courthouse from someone somewhere out there in the Country that was willing to snap a shot for me.

Now, a silly question, but can anyone tell me how I go look at my old private messages?

Maribeth

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

So glad to hear!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Just hover your mouse over "My Account" on the top of the page and click on Forum Info. On that page that comes up, the first link should be your private messages.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Also, scroll up to near the top of this page - near the left you will see, "Forum Setting" - when you hover over it or open it - one of the options is "View private messages".

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to Henri Jean

I can send you a picture of Jackson County court house in Medford Oregon. I might also be able to get up to Josephine County and take a picture of that one too...

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to dorichatelain

OOOh, I have a good one for you!!! The Ulster County Courthouse in Kingston, NY!!! It is famous because in 1777 part of the "new" NY state government met there!! They left when the British attacked and burned Kingston during the Revolutionary War. The courthouse was burned down and rebuilt in the same place in 1812/13...John Jay wrote the New York Constitution there, and heard the first US Supreme Court cases there!! Also, in the 1820's, Sojourner Truth became the first black woman in American history to win a case, heard at the Ulster County Courthouse...she successfully fought for the freedom of her 5 year old son who was wrongfully sold into slavery in Georgia! Remarkable things have happened there... it's even supposed to be haunted by the ghost of a murderer hung in the lobby!! Let me walk over this week and take a photo!!!

Edited by Juansmom on 07-13-13 06:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Juansmom

Fun!

MeMovieGal
New Kid On the Block
MeMovieGal

Hey everyone, just bumping this back up to the top, and saying thank you to all who have already sent me a photo, and maybe just a little nudge to those who said they would get me one. I made a tiny little dent in the project this weekend. You can get an idea of what it will eventually look like here at www.tripswithtwo.com click on the Courthouse icon and then choose a State. Right now I have a few in New Mexico (which are the ones I have taken) and two in Texas which were graciously given to be by Rockmom right here from this forum.

Thank you for considering to help me.

Maribeth

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I should be able to get the Green Bay one to you by the weekend!

MeMovieGal
New Kid On the Block
MeMovieGal

Super, thanks, that would be great.

Maribeth

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

If you PM me your email, I will send you at least one from Oklahoma. I live in Logan County, right outside Guthrie, which was the original capital of Oklahoma.
This is a really interesting project, and a great way to meet and connect with people across the entire country!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics