Username Post: Who Votes?        (Topic#1589147)
Doreena
Governor
Doreena

I've been noticing lately that although I love a lot of layouts I see I never can seem to come up w/ a way of verbalizing why I love it. Instead of just moving along I at least "vote" if I can find an applicable box to check.
For the longest time I forgot they even existed and now I am in the habit, even if I do leave a comment, of checking at least one those boxes.

So this got me wondering "how many people actually use that option?"

So tell me... do you?

Also, I've been thinking there should be better choices to check, although honestly I don't know what they should be, LOL!

Do you agree? and what choices would you like to see?

Edited by Doreena on 07-01-13 10:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Doreena

Sometimes. I forget too. I tend to remember the Inspirational one.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to RedSquirrel

I vote or check the other boxes, so I can find the layouts again, because there was something about them that I might want to see again, or perhaps lift the whole thing. I comment if I want to tell the other person that I like their layout or enjoy something about it. often, I do both, but if I am short on time, I vote without commenting.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to boysmom

Leaving comments is rare for me. I've grown into the habit of (usually) only voting because I didn't have the energy or mental capacity to type out my thoughts.

I get a little happy when I see someone has voted one way or another on my pages; so I hope I'm able to brighten other crafter's day a little, in return.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to MommaSaid

I'm a compulsive voter. Once I start, I can't seem to stop!

Today's voting tally counter = 16

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to KellyCali

----Oops Double Post----

Edited by Doreena on 07-01-13 12:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I'm a compulsive voter. Once I start, I can't seem to stop!

Today's voting tally counter = 16

LOL! Well I wouldn't say that's a bad thing! In fact I find myself doing it more and more... so I BETTER not think that's a bad thing!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Doreena

I find that I don't leave comments very often, because usually I think "oh, that's really cute!" or something like that, but don't specifically why. I should take more time to do that though, I know people really appreciate it!

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to mrsrogers52513

Oh I would much rather see comments! I don't even notice the votes unless I'm thinking of deleting something and realise that lots of people have put it in their favourites. Then I don't, 'cos that's not fair.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to RedSquirrel

I prefer comments too! But as was previously stated, by me and others, sometimes I can't articulate more than a "cute" or "pretty". Sometimes I can't figure out what I like about a layout I just know I "LIKE" it!!! So I figure a vote is better than nothing. I like the votes too though!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I'm better with comments than voting. I forget to vote - I seem to always forget. But I'm good about writing what I like about the layout.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 04:09 PM
In response to Henri Jean

I wish the votes were a little more prominent. I like to click the vote boxes but I don't even notice them on my own layouts. I would probably get more excited over votes if I noticed them more.

I'd also like to see some more vote choices but I'm happy that they added Beautiful.

I agree, sometimes I just want to say "This is cute" or "This is pretty" and either I don't know what else to say or I don't have time to go into detail. So, I usually go ahead and write "cute" or "pretty"... is it bad to leave such a simple comment?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Its not bad Vae - anytime you take time to write something it is good.

I tend to be wordy and I go into more detail than most people do but whenever anyone comments on my layouts - just one work and I'm thrilled!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Henri Jean

I would never knock a comment but sometimes I would like to know more what the person is thinking. I really appreciate the vote, because people don't use it very often. I feel like wow they must really like it.

I am really enjoying the new gallery layout. It is highlighting the votes more so I am more conscious of leaving them and noticing them.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to jaxxan

The past few days I've been doing better about leaving comments and voting in the gallery, so proud of myself!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics