Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: July Budget Challenge        (Topic#1589155)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the July Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Kamananui

This month I'm not spending anything hubby out of work so its only my income at this time.

Only thing I will buy is adhesive

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to julie101

This month I am going on a scrap store trip with some girlfriends. I have no needs so for my wishlist just impulse buys $100.

Diva
In response to tinadn

Interesting thread. I am really in a very tight budget so I am only spending money for mailing scrapbook.com swaps. My only buy will be adhesive as needed and only with coupons! I must stay under $100.00!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Interesting thread. I am really in a very tight budget so I am only spending money for mailing scrapbook.com swaps. My only buy will be adhesive as needed and only with coupons! I must stay under $100.00!

welcome - hopefully we will not push you over the edge!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Ok I'm here!

so I have to make my sales quota of 225 a quarter between now and end of September so I will break it into 3s in case I am my only customer again.

SO my budget is $75
Wishlist - 4 New SU colour markers, DSP, embossing folder, ink pad and matching reinker, cardstock

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I haven't even set a budget or wishlist yet, and I've already spent $31. How did that happen?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

did you go to work Kelly?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

No. Tuesday and Wednesday are my weekend.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

hmm well going to work would have accounted for it had you gotten a new shipment...

julie101
Idol
julie101

Ok new amount $50

Cause I got a $50 gift voucher from my favourite online store for my birthday

Wish List more smash book items more albums (still haven't got them )

Twist nothing else

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to julie101

This is fun! I need to figure out what I really need and figure out a budget so I can join! I'll think about it over the weekend while we are camping!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to mrsrogers52513

Welcome Bayamonesa. Welcome Emily.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Well Tammy, it all started with this one piece of paper. I have this Smash book I'm not at all crazy about, and I decided to turn it into something like an art journal. A bucket list art journal of the things I've already completed and the things I still want to do. I covered the front with paper I loved and forgot about it. Sunday I went to cover the back and realized I did not have any more of that paper. Oh the horrors! This paper is super old Webster's Pages that I got in their warehouse box 2 years ago. I feared I wouldn't find anymore, but I searched and found the last pieces in the universe at the Fruit Site. I couldn't pay $5 in shipping for 2 sheets of paper could I? I felt obligated to toss a few more things in my cart. Then I got to take 20% off of the total with a coupon, and I cashed in my cherries and got another $5 off, so not too terribly bad, right? At least that is what I'm telling myself.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

that sounds like how I justify thing too

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina understands me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

me too - you are so right on the shipping thing - need to make it worthwhile!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

and an announcement - our dear sweet Courtney and her hubby Dom are now the proud parents of a healthy baby girl! No word on a name but I am sure Courtney will now have new reasons to justify her budget busting! (and who would blame her)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Congrats Courtney and family. Details when you can please

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I am posting off facebook here
Adeline Grace! 7 lbs 14 ozs. 20 inches long

and just so beautiful!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 07-07-13 09:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics