Username Post: Scraprak?        (Topic#1589199)
bonprof
Guru
bonprof

Anyone use the scrap rack system for organizing stuff?let me know how you like it.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bonprof

I bought one at a scrapbook expo a couple of years ago and my friend did too as she didn't have a craft room at the time.
It really worked for her as it broke down easily and fit into her big wheeled scrap tote.

We went to a weekend crop shortly after and she got a lot done by just having that propped up in front of her. She wasn't digging things out like everyone else. People were asking her about it.

I love the concept but at the time I had too much stuff and a dedicated room in my house so it didn't serve me as well plus I would have had to buy a ton of protectors for all the pp. For me out of sight out of mind, where she had no problem putting one collection into one protector.

However now that I paired down quite a bit, I am considering going back to it because I am a visual person and I like the idea of thumbing through to see everything. Not to mention the ease of everything in one place, so I don't forget.

You may have already done this but the inventor use to have videos on her site. I don't know if SB has uploaded some.

I would definitely recommend this if you are a scrapper with no space at home or/and if you go to a lot of retreats, weekends or scrap nights.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to bonprof

I got a ScrapRack several years ago. At first, since I had no scrap space other than temporary use of the dining table, there was no place to set it up properly so I just laid it flat in a big plastic storage unit that fit under the bed when I wasn’t scrapping. Eventually I carved out space in the laundry room and was able to actually set it up properly on the base unit. I really, really like it a lot except for storage of cardstock and paper. It just didn’t work for me in that regard, but it’s great for organizing all kinds of other things. It’s so easy to quickly find what I want, as it’s organized by color or general subject. I would caution anyone buying one though to be careful about going overboard on all the different types of storage “pages.” I have way too many of some and not enough of others so I would suggest getting just a few of the different types and see what you will really need and what you will not use much. I highly recommend this product, especially when you don’t have the luxury of a scrap room and your storage space for all the necessary goodies is limited.

bonprof
Guru
bonprof
In response to Ms. Fit

Thank you for all of the great information!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to bonprof

I'll have to look into this and see if it would fit my needs!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to mrsrogers52513

I'm thinking of getting the travel ScrapRack. it will help me keep things together and organized. especially for my cards.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to cescrapper

I made my own, just using several of the 12x12 3 ring binders and the page protectors from the scraprack system. I didn't like how the scraprack system props up the one big book and thats mainly why I made my own out of individual binders. I also had a bunch of big binders to use for "something" and this was the perfect thing to use them for. I sorted all of my stickers and embellies into categories. One binder is nothing but Alphabets. Another is organized by holidays and the other is seasonal/calendar (if you watch the scraprack videos for organizing the sections, she covers how she organized hers and I did mine the same way). What I especially like about the individual binders is when I am not scrapping, they sit on the shelf and look like regular photo albums, instead of being sprawled out across a table top. It is awesome to be able to pull out just one binder onto the floor in front of the shelf they sit on and thumb through the pages to see what I have and easily find what I need. All said and done, it took me almost 2 full weekends to sort everything and get it organized in the binders (I have 6 Binders).

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Shutterbugg

I have one and love it. I actually have some pictures in my gallery of it. It has made the biggest difference in my scrapbooking/card making. I can find anything I need in seconds. I see everything of one color that I have. Some one who is very organized may not find a need for it, but my stuff was all over and I spent more time trying to find things I knew I had, but didn't know where I put them.

Sunnydi
Governor
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

I have one and love it. I can find something I want to use in a manner of seconds. You just have to be the organized type person who will spend the time putting new embellishments, etc. in it when purchase them. I do not use it for cardstock/papers.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Sunnydi

I never heard of the Scraprack before. It looks really good. A little expensive for me, but do-able. I like it.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to bonprof

I owned the complete system at one time ( extras with travel bag, several spines and binder) and I did not like it. It took up a monstrous amount of space on my desk and the pockets flopped around a lot when I turned the pages. Things would shift or fall out easily. I did do the tricks that Tiffany the owner mentioned ( I clipped the flaps shut), but It drove me crazy picking stuff up off the floor. I also hated having my 3D embellishments in it because noting laid flat and it would damage flat papers and stickers behind them or in front of them in the next pocket. I prefer to use Sticker stands and Paper stands for my storage options, this allows me to be very visual and my 3D embellishments and papers are protected.

I did use it for a year and I did take the ScrapRack seminar at the Scrapbooking Expo on how to get the most of it. I would recommend it for anyone who plans to use it. She gives handouts and tips that are not on the videos that were very helpful. I also found that when I decided to go with another system I was able to sell it for the price I bought it at and recoup my money because it's so popular. Either way I was happy. I tried the system and I recouped my money so you can't lose. Good luck.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Cricutgirlg

You're right Cricutgirlg. I can see where it wouldn't be for everyone. It does take up space but for me everything is right at hand. I haven't had an issue with the embellishments ruining the stickers behind and for paper I have entirely too much paper to put in the rack anyway so I use the paper storing system. It's not for everyone, but for some it is a lifesaver!

It's good to know you were able to recoup your money.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Scrapingbliss

Good to hear about the pros and cons of this product!

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to Scrapingbliss

Scrapingbliss,

You're right it's good to hear both sides. That way OP can decide what works best for her. While, it did not work for me it does have appeal for many people; you've got to find a system that we work well for your needs and style. My scraproom which is under name works much better for me now, but I had to visualize what my needs were and how I like to access things.
I'm happy there are so many options out there to assist us stay organized and motivated.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Cricutgirlg

Sometimes it just sucks to have to spend time and money to do trial and error to see what works and doesn't! Which is why I love hearing what works and doesn't for other people!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics