Username Post: Embosser Machine Question        (Topic#1589263)
Bo2007 
New Kid On the Block

Hi All,
I'm thinking about getting an embosser machine for scrapbooking. I would like one that could fit 12x12 paper. I am having a hard time deciding on a brand and model. Thanks

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bo2007

I have a Fiskars Fuse but I haven't had a chance to unpack it yet - still new in the box. It does a 12" width die cut or embossing but you need a folder or die cut that big.

Also, I think the Grand Calibre has a 12" capabilities. It does die cutting and embossing.

Also check out the Big Shot Pro - I think it has 12" capabilities.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

Hi and welcome!

Henri has given you some great suggestions there.

I'm just going to throw in that I have the Cuttlebug which only embosses 6" wide max (and as long as you want if you keep repeating the pattern). Before I got it, I worried that it wouldn't be big enough for LOs, but never once have I needed anything bigger. Making 12" borders with it is easy, and I have never needed one enormous sheet.

Of course I realise that you might! But think about whether you really need such a big machine. The Cuttlebug is small enough to be taken to crops, and it doesn't take up a lot of space in your scrap area. Just my opinion - take from that what you wish! And good luck with your decision.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to RedSquirrel

I second the Cuttlebug even though it is smaller, but found I never needed to emboss anything that big.

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat
In response to mrsrogers52513

I have the Grand Caliber and Texture Boutique. The Grand Caliber that we have only accepts 8 1/2" wide paper. I was on a mission to find a machine that would emboss 12 x 12 paper about 6 months ago because I make my own embossing folders and decided we would not use it as often as we thought.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dabnat

Sounds like I goofed - I thought the Grand Caliber embosses 12" but it is 8 1/2" - however the Fuse embosses 12" and the Big Shot Pro does.

I heard the Big Shot Pro was going to start making 12" folders and that was years ago. If they made any, I never saw them.

I think you will have to make your own folders to have embossing folders that large.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics