Username Post: Replacing CM products...        (Topic#1589279)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I have been a CM product user since 1999 so I am feeling stressed out about the change in products they are undergoing. After posting earlier here I now know that I will replace my tape runner with an ATG and my albums with a D-ring style. My question is what will I use to cut out circles, ovals, etc. to use to mount pictures on?? Any advice would be appreciated!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Vintageivy

Don't give up on finding your cm cutting blades. Several of my friends are cm reps. Im asking them about the blades. I am in the same boat. Thanks, donna

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to bonprof

Check local used product sites. I just bought a set of blades, the original size cutting mat and the circles (don't need those but they came as a set) for $20. The mat is hardly used so likely the blades are pretty new.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to corrie fan

I agree Vintageivy.... will certainly be missing the cutting system. I thought about circle punches and I have a cricut, but it will not be as easy as CM.

how does everyone else cut the oval/circle/heart/diamond /etc. shaped mats and pictures?

bj9268 
Resident
In response to wilbur

I realized I have not had the need to cut ovals/circles/hearts etc. lately. If I do need a large circle I use my CM cutting system. Unfortunately I have not a clue what I will do once my blades start to wear out. I was not able to order any blades before they were all sold out. I do have a Cricut so I guess I'll give that a try if I need a circle, oval or heart.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bj9268

How big does the CM system cut the shapes? I have nesting dies for my Cuttlebug for all those shapes but only up to 5". My Silhouette would do them bigger.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to RedSquirrel

I have an old colluzle set that I will probably drag out and use for circles and a few shapes. That is until the swivel knife blade gets dull, then I might be down to tracing and scissors!! I use perfect layers for matting anything with straight edges.

Red Squirrel - I have some CM templates that are big- like the oval that fills an 8.5 x 11 page - great for portrait school pics. I don't have a cuttlebug, yet! Thanks for the suggestion.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to wilbur

I will say that I use my big shot and my framelits to cut my shapes. I am kinda addicted to my framelits!!!!!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to binkiemonstermom

I use Cricut to cut basic shapes.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mrsrogers52513

I use the Big shot. I also use the spellbinders but I also love the quickutz/Lifestyle crafts because they have more dies in the pack & are much cheaper.
They have circles in one pack that are punch size all the way up to5.5 inches. They are graduated in 1/4 inch. There are 20 in ea pack.
They also sell ovals, stars, any other shapes out there. You can check the manufacturer website. I just got my cameo so I am able to use it for that too.

Here are some of the ones I was talking about
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics