Username Post: Printing paper        (Topic#1589293)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-08-13 08:07 AM

I have a 12x12 printer that I bought partly for printing my own pattern paper. Does anyone here print their own and if so what program do you use?

I have USED Power Point, wouldn't print 12x12, tried my photo editing program - fail (it's Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite).

Right now I have just been using Word, it will print "almost" 12x12. There is always about 1/4 inch all the way around the paper that it doesn't print on. I have played with the margins and that hasn't helped.

I'm not a digi scrapper, so I don't have any of those programs. And Photoshop is Greek to me! Keep meaning to take a class.

Thanks!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to KimKV

I have printed 12x12 borderless with Microsoft Publisher. It's been awhile so I don't remember the settings, but as I recall it was fairly easy. Getting the printer settings right was harder, LOL.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to *jesse*

I don't have a 12" printer but I print 8 1/2 x 11 and other sizes (tags etc..)
I use Photoshop Elements. It's pretty easy to use if you are used to other editing software. I plan on taking more classes to really get everything out of it but it's fairly easy to get started with.
You could also use MS Paint.....

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

I just checked and MS Paint will allow you to use a 12x12 (or larger) canvas....If you tick off "ruler", it will allow you to adjust the size to anything you want.....
If you don't have MS Paint, there is a free program, "Paint.net".....

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to kiyawinn

You might have to go in and change the printer settings separately. when you get the print dialog box up, is there a button that says something like more options or other? I always have to set it in two places. It's frustrating because sometimes I forget. It does kind of sound like it's set for borders, I think.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-09-13 09:43 AM
In response to AmyWho

Thanks ladies. I will experiment with those suggestions. Maybe I should stop putting off that Photoshop class!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to KimKV

We could always meet up and I can teach you enough about photoshop to get you printing. PM me.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to moxiegirl23

Make sure in your printer settings you have "borderless" selected.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics