Username Post: Scrapbooking Backwards        (Topic#1589305)
nj2nh
nj2nh 
Resident
nj2nh
  • nj2nh on 07-08-13 02:19 PM

Blog post by someone who starts a layout with the embellishments and picks the paper last.

http://backstoryscraps.blogspot.com/2013/07/backstory-s...

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to nj2nh

I do that.

the funniest and best layouts I have done is the ones I have done from starting with an embellishment and the picking the paper last even after picking the picture

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 07-09-13 06:59 AM
In response to dorichatelain

Great idea! I have certainly tried picking my embellies first but then tried matching papers next.
I like this method and will definitely try it.

TFS

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-09-13 09:41 AM
In response to GMFTS

Awesome idea!! Trying this for sure, along with "shopping" in my scrapbook room and making kits up before I even think about making a page. I spend most of my time looking for stuff to use.

Thanks for sharing this!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to KimKV

I usually like to start with a plain color cardstock and add patterned mats for my pictures and scrap in a more "block" style.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mrsrogers52513

I need to check the article out, but I often start with an item/items that I want to use or use up, and work from there. Thanks for the link!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to nj2nh

The blog was very interesting! I will try this technique, but it will be difficult as my brain goes right for the paper first.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to bonprof

I have done this as well, especially if it's a particular embellie (s) that I want to make sure gets used. I've also had a particular picture that triggered using a certain embellie/mat/etc and the paper is almost an afterthought.

KAR49
KAR49 
Tenant
KAR49
  • KAR49 on 10-17-13 04:16 PM
In response to flwrgrl

I didn't know there was any other way LOL I always shop for embellies since they're always on sale......papers are available everywhere, usually buy all of mine online either here or Scraputante for special ones..........I just think it's easier to find the paper, the embellishments make the LO.

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to KAR49

That's cool Even if the embellishment I have would be the inspiration for the layout and the papers I choose, I would still start with the paper because it's just easier to arrange and stick everything down as I go along.

Kazzam 
New Kid On the Block
In response to merreena

What a great idea. I will have to give it a go.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kazzam

I've tried it in the past and I don't end up using the pages I've put together. I have to start with photos first and then put a page kit together. My brain just does not work that way.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to I scrap

My brain is the same. My focus is the photos. Everything else revolves around them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Often my embellie has an offbeat color I want to bring out - the cardstock is a shade I can't match or the buttons and brads are perfect for a picture I want to use.

So sometimes I do embellies first, then the photos and then the paper because I want the colors in the paper to tie the embellies and brads or flowers together.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics