Username Post: First Home scrapbook        (Topic#1589343)
Expert

My husband and I just purchased our first home. I wanted to make a small album about what it looked like when we moved in, what we do to it and the result. However, I can't find many home related scrapbook stickers or paper. Any suggestions?

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to scrappy_day

Maybe some home improvement/construction type stuff?
Products Referenced in This Post:

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Babylou

The Craftsman Collection might be cool, it's pretty arty looking if you like that.

Also there are lots of tool time, kitchen, and gardening collections to select from as well.

I would probably choose the Bo Bunny Welcome Home Collection or Kaisercraft Homemade and go from there.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by CrimsonMama on 07-10-13 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

I found scrapbook paper that looked just like graph paper - it was 6 years but I've seen it recently.

I drew out each room in my house - two graph squares to each room of the house so I had a drawing of each room. I also did walls in each room with window sizes, etc. Even placement of windows and doors in each room.

Then I put pictures and samples of paint and fabrics in the book. It's a functional scrapbook as I like to call it.

When we bought new carpet - they could get the measurements for each room for my scrapbook. When we went out to buy blinds for the house I grabbed my scrapbook.

When I wanted a bulletin board for my office I grabbed my scrapbook so I could see how much distance is between each part of the wall and the windows or doors.

Even when we've gone for shelves or furniture - the book goes!

But looking through it, with all the pictures in it, its a pretty scrapbook.

The only paper I used was the graph paper.

I just bought a beautiful die cut that says, "We've Got the Keys" and the paper that goes with it has house keys all over it. I really have found quite a bit of stuff for new stuff for homes. I found several cardstock die cuts that say, "Moving Day" or "Unpacking boxes" which are really cool. Found a few things that say "Home Sweet Home" and one that is an overlay shaped like a house with openings for pictures.

PM me and I'll send you links to find some of this stuff although I don't know right off where to find graph paper in 12 x 12 scrapbook pages. I just seem to stumble across that occasionally.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Henri Jean

If you have a cricut machine, there's a "Handyman" cartridge available.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Solitaire

I would just go with colors that feel "homey" to you, it doesn't have to be a specific home collection. Then I would just get stickers and embellies for each room or tool ones if your fixing stuff up, etc.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics