Username Post: Spellbinders and adhesives        (Topic#1589357)
leslief
Idol
leslief

I have been buying more and more dies that are very intricate. I haven't figured out a good adhesive to use. I have been using my Xyron sticker maker, but that has little bits that stick out. When I try t rub those pieces off, it often smudges the paper. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to leslief

Zip Dry glue dries clear, I also sometimes use those little glue pens. I think Zig makes some, I don't remember off the top of my head what brand it was that I have.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to leslief

I use a glue pen that delivers at tiny stream of glue and dot tiny dots around on it. Paper is light so it doesn't take much. If I do have a small amount squirt out I grab a paper towel and blot carefully.

On some of the Spellbinders dies that have intricate edges, I glue inside the edge, leaving the edge where I can lift it off the paper to have some definition. Does that make sense?

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to CrimsonMama

I use Zip Dry or Beacon's 3 in 1. The fine glue pens are also great for very fine areas.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to NMscrapper

Sizzix makes adhesive sheets designed for pre-adhering to paper that you're going to be cutting from.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I use a zip glue pen but if you want to use the xyron, which I love to use sometimes too for intricate stuff, pick up a xyron glue eraser. You rub it over and it picks up the sticky parts of glue from the xyron or "spider webs" as I call them and doesn't smudge the papers. The glue erasers are very cheap - I got mine at my local scrapbook store but they may have them at the store here.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to Henri Jean

Thank you all for your help! I have the glue pen, so I'll try that AND I'm very interested in getting that eraser and adhesive sheets. Never heard of either one!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to leslief

Oh yeah, forgot about my adhesive eraser!

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to leslief

I use the pad of sheets (just under typewriter paper size) of Sticky Dots adhesive that I got at my big box crafts store. There are sheets of waxed paper between each page that you lift up, lay your cut item down, then pick it up, & the back is covered with sort of a dot-matrix pattern of adhesive, edge-to-edge. The same pad has lasted me more than 10 years, because you can see where the dots have been used & make use of every bit of each page. I use my Cricut spatula to lift the edge once it's been laid down to get it sticky.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to GemGirl

do they still sell those?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Yes, Joann's still sells it. I really find those to be more trouble than they're worth, especially with intricate stuff, but they'd work in a pinch.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to aquabunny

Great idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics