Username Post: Have any of you done a pregnancy scrapbook??        (Topic#1589405)
Ally24 
New Kid On the Block

Hey everyone!
I was wondering if any of you have previously done a pregnancy scrapbook or are doing one right now! If so what kind of pages did you put in? Did you do monthly bump photos or weekly? And how long did you wait to start it? Were you in the safe zone? Thanks

Scrapanda
Governor
Scrapanda
In response to Ally24

Hi there!

I just had my first guy a little while ago ...well 9 months already! Time flies! I haven't done my pregnancy book yet but I have a lot of it "planned" in my head! The reason I haven't done it is just cause I scrap chrono and am a few years behind! Now that he is here I really want to jump ahead and do pics of him though so I may start working on my pregnancy soon! While I was pregnant I took monthly photos until I was at about 32 weeks and then from there on I took weekly ones. I plan to do pages for those. I also have the ultrasound pics and I took notes in a little notebook about my dr's appointments, any cravings, feelings, thoughts, etc and plan to include those. Actually now that my little guy is here I write something in that book every day - sometimes it is a paragraph, sometimes a line or two, sometimes just a word or two but I find the time is going so fast that I want to remember the little things so I can include them when the time comes for me to scrap these photos! Hope that helps a bit!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Scrapanda

I haven't done one, but I've seen a lot of cute stickers for a picture of your belly at each month, etc. You could do one with a top ten of food cravings, etc. Check out the gallery, I'm sure there's some awesome ideas there!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsrogers52513

Here are a few pages that I did for my pregnancy album.

Full House~ Jan. 80's TV Show Challenge~ Dawn's Week 2 Sketch By Heather J. Landry

Bun in the Oven By Heather J. Landry

Waiting-Brandon's Baby Book By Heather J. Landry

Expert
In response to Heather J. Landry

I am working on one right now. I'm 5 months pregnant. I used one of the Snap books and have taken a picture each month. I also put in there how big the baby is each week, cravings I had, and any other memorable things that happen.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to scrappy_day

I love the Snap/Smash book idea. It would have been so much easier to get accomplished while I was pregnant! I'm still working on a pregnancy scrapbook, and my daughter is 15 months old!

I didn't take the weekly bump photos. I didn't really even do monthly always either. I need to look back to see what picture I do have. I'm planning a loves and hates page from an idea I saw. I can't remember where online I found it. My list has things like how I hated having to tie shoes, and I loved feeling her kick! I'm try to find it and post a link.

I'm planning at least two layouts for each trimester. I kept a pregnancy journal (a gift from a co-worker) which has been really helpful in thinking of layout ideas.

Can't wait to see your layouts! I've posted a few in the gallery. I really need to get more done and to start my daughter's first year album!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to married05

I have one - I've done a mini (not to overdo it LOL). I did roughly one page a month, but not really - I had a pack of month-by-month stickers by Little Yellow Bicycle, a mini album, and a template that lets you cut out the side of the album to show the growing tummy.. then I put the pics in a rough order, and labeled the months - including 3d ultrasound photo, delivery photo, and the photo of the increased family after!
(I'll see if I can dig up the photos)
entire album done AFTER but I made a point of handing the camera to someone to take random shots of me.
no day to day bump photos - not that interesting.. 10 or so pages is enough to get a little nostalgic, without too much graphic detail.

~Alma Scrapera~
Expert
~Alma Scrapera~
In response to OlesyaK.

I am doing Project Life, and I included monthly bump photos in my weekly layouts as well as more general baby preparation photos. I also included a letter to my then future daughter as a special layout I added to the album.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to ~Alma Scrapera~

My Friend did a Pregnancy book and she posted most of her layouts on here,,her screen name is Squirmysmom

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to armygirl

I did a full maternity album. Weekly pictures (shirt down in the visible pic and shirt up hidden behind it) after week 8 all the way to week 40 taken in the hospital parking lot. I did a photo of the pregnancy test with the date I took it. I did journaling along the way talking about feelings, names, thoughts. I included all the genetic tests (I was 37, so considered an "old" mom and had to do all kinds of testing) and labs and appointment cards. I also printed info from baby center for each week of development. I did slash pages for baby shower cards and pages about the showers. I did a Mother's Day page wth my cards and Father's Day page with his cards. I did a 2 page on the gender and all my sonogram pictures as they were done. I wrote a letter to my little one for her to read later. I did hospital pages (she was in NICU for 3 days, is fine now) and never did get a first family photo in before we were discharged. I did mine as the pregnancy progressed since I knew I'd never finish it later.

I didn't do lots of embellishments. I'm a simple scrapper with mostly just matting and pretty papers and titles with bling.

I picked the citrus collection from J's and used that throughout.

Edited by Seaexplore on 07-15-13 09:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Seaexplore

Here's the album I did.
Don't care about journaling or letters to baby - just not my style. It's the transition time for me and a way to remember the changes in my body and the waiting. It's not about whether I wanted ice cream or pickles or whatnot. And it was the second time around, so I was waay too busy to take note of each bump and hiccup anyway..

9 months mini album By OlesyaK.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Seaexplore

• Seaexplore Said:
I did a full maternity album. Weekly pictures (shirt down in the visible pic and shirt up hidden behind it) after week 8 all the way to week 40 taken in the hospital parking lot. I did a photo of the pregnancy test with the date I took it. I did journaling along the way talking about feelings, names, thoughts. I included all the genetic tests (I was 37, so considered an "old" mom and had to do all kinds of testing) and labs and appointment cards. I also printed info from baby center for each week of development. I did slash pages for baby shower cards and pages about the showers. I did a Mother's Day page wth my cards and Father's Day page with his cards. I did a 2 page on the gender and all my sonogram pictures as they were done. I wrote a letter to my little one for her to read later. I did hospital pages (she was in NICU for 3 days, is fine now) and never did get a first family photo in before we were discharged. I did mine as the pregnancy progressed since I knew I'd never finish it later.

I didn't do lots of embellishments. I'm a simple scrapper with mostly just matting and pretty papers and titles with bling.

This sounds awesome!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to mrsrogers52513

• mrsrogers52513 Said:
  • Seaexplore Said:

This sounds awesome!

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it. It's HUGE tho! I didn't take any pictures of it because it's over 40 pages!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics