Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Thanks to all        (Topic#1589417)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Dave is in the hospital. He forgot to refill his meds that help him pee. His back had gone out again. Then he sat on the potty 3 nights/days which caused his back to get worse. Dr said to take him to er (thankfully)found out he did not pee for 3 days. He was in the beginning stages of kidney failure & had dementia. They are keeping him till they get the correct levels.
THANK GOD I WAS AT HOME this am.. I hear the washer go on by itself..only it was a broken pipe under the kitchen sink spraying out water fast.
I did not know where the shut off is here at the new house. I called my dd & ds. I called my next door neighbor who is always here doing something to help Dave. He cuts our grass every week. He has helped Dave fix stuff too. My son called & told me where to turn it off. Thank God. My neighbor came over with lots of towels. We used every dog blanket,blankets,everythi ng to mop it up. He even moved the appliances to get behind them. We kept mopping for an hour. we finally got it dry. There was 2 in of water in part of the kitchen..some in the hall.. lots in the bath (next wall to the kitchen)The next wall is my scraproom. I was carrying out albums, photo boxes, storage boxes to the dining table. Thank god there was none in there. Thank god there was none in any of the bedrooms.
I am waiting for the plumber to get here.
I am in tears.. I was pretty stressed during this.
I am having flashbacks to our old house.. my scraproom leaked on part of it & I could not store my albums or photos there.

I am trying to calm down.

Edited by anda11 on 07-24-13 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to anda11

Oh my gosh, UTI and kidney issues are a big cause of dementia. A lot of people don't realize that but that is what happened to my mother.

I am so sorry about your plumbing. There is not much more stressful than a plumbing issue but sounds like you are not in too big of a mess. Good luck with that and I hope your husband is better fast!

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to CrimsonMama

I am praying for you and family sweet lady!! This too shall pass. Better days are ahead.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to bonprof

Oh Linda, to you! Hang in there. I have kidney issues too. Walk a very fine line there. Hope he gets better. Now you can definitely say, when it rains it pours.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to SherylEb

That is one VERY bad day...hope it's better now!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
Oh my gosh, UTI and kidney issues are a big cause of dementia. A lot of people don't realize that but that is what happened to my mother.

I am so sorry about your plumbing. There is not much more stressful than a plumbing issue but sounds like you are not in too big of a mess. Good luck with that and I hope your husband is better fast!

You are so right.. I never even knew that with those. I did not know the kidney thing could come on so fast. Thanks for the good wishes.
You are right about it being very lucky that it was contained.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
I am praying for you and family sweet lady!! This too shall pass. Better days are ahead.

Thanks hon...I have been sitting & relaxing for a couple hours..I am feeling better now.
I have all my blankets & dog blankets in the back yard so I am going to start washing those.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Oh Linda, to you! Hang in there. I have kidney issues too. Walk a very fine line there. Hope he gets better. Now you can definitely say, when it rains it pours.

You are making me laugh.. Thanks
I am sorry to hear that you have kidney issues hon.
I am sorry that you have to deal with them

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
That is one VERY bad day...hope it's better now!

Thanks hon.. I am much better now that I have been able to relax for couple hours.
Now I feel recharged to clean the mess up & wash all the blankets in the back yard. lol

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to anda11

Awww sweetie so sorry you are going throufg so much, I will mention you and hubby in my prayers. Take care and remember "This Too Shall Pass" have faith in him.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Martica

I'm so sorry Linda. Sounds like the plumbing problem is under control.

How is your husband?

Expert
In response to Henri Jean

Hang in there...I know what it's like when everything seems to go wrong at once.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
Awww sweetie so sorry you are going throufg so much, I will mention you and hubby in my prayers. Take care and remember "This Too Shall Pass" have faith in him.

Thanks so much dear Martica... It has been a long time since I talked to you.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm so sorry Linda. Sounds like the plumbing problem is under control.

How is your husband?

Yes, it is under control. I have everything cleaned up & am washing the last blanket as we speak.
Dave's dementia is better. He was able to remember lots of stuff today. He was sleep deprived (back pain) & that is what he has been doing.
The 1st day his kidney level got better. Today it stayed the same ( but didn't get worse thankfully)
Thanks for asking Hon.. I appreciate it

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to anda11

Oh Linda, "plumbing" issues all round. I'm so sorry. Big and some prayers that that is the last of the problems for a long while for you.

to Dave as well. Please tell him we're thinking of him and wishing him well.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel

I hope today is a better Day for Dave and he keeps on improving! Glad the dementia is better - that has to be really hard on you and everyone who loves him.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

{{hugs}} and prayers for your situation... It's so hard on the caregivers....

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to meezerpleaser

Oh no! Hope everything gets better! hugs!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to mrsrogers52513

I hope today goes more smoothly. No more stress! It's too hot for bad things to happen.

ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 07-15-13 04:10 PM
In response to MommaSaid

Hope your husband gets better soon! and your plumbing issues get resolved!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics