Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cleaning out Scraproom        (Topic#1589433)
Expert

Oh..I spent all day clearing and cleaning my scraproom. Trying to weed out paper I KNOw I will never use. Some of that paper is 7 yrs old!
I still have work to do...Lots of garbage..and still have to organize stuff. I have way too much stuff1 I'm gonna have to join one of those groups that scrapfast..(NOT)...lol.

Is this normal to take days to clean and weed out a scraproom? I thought I was going to be done in an hour or two.

SuzMannecke
Resident
SuzMannecke
In response to deedee49

Normal. Completely!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to SuzMannecke

another absolutely normal

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I do it too - need to do it again soon but I'm spending every waking hour scraping lately because I have a spring vacation to catch up on.

When I need a break from scrapping I'll take a couple days and get things ready to donate again. I have a crop in September for 3 days and we all bring what we aren't gong to use and it goes on a large table for everyone who donates to pick through. I've gotten some great stuff that way.

Last night I used 5 brads that looked like they were covered in vinyl - perfect for a Christmas layout. Over the past year or so I've found a lot of patterned paper I was able to use.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Henri Jean

I always spend a whole day or a couple of days on the weekend when I clean out my scraproom. It's worth it, though, because I always find all kinds of scrappy goodness I'd forgotten I had! Purging (a little bit) and reorganizing (a lot!) always makes me feel virtuous - AND starts my mojo going for another card or LO so I can use my "new" scrappy space!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to meezerpleaser

definitely takes hours. i recently did a massive purge and reorganization that took the better part of 4 days.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Nancy Keslin

Very normal!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to mrsrogers52513

Ummmmm I've been working on it for weeks and weeks and still can't get into the room.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Sneezy1956

That's way normal. Welcome to the crafting world ;-)

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Crafting Marfa

If you're anything like me, you'll find one thing leads to another! It's a vicious circle.

FYDawn
FYDawn 
Tenant
FYDawn
In response to dwelch

I really need to! I've been selling stuff a little at a time, does that count? I figure it will be easier to organize. lol

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
If you're anything like me, you'll find one thing leads to another! It's a vicious circle.

^^ That! Completely.

I love having a good clear-out. But it generally means that the papers I decide to get rid of get a new lease of life. I look at them with new eyes, think "I can use that for covering this grotty old box or to make envelopes" and then I do.

Then I end up constantly using up old papers and hardly ever touching my beautiful new collections because they're "too pretty".

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to deedee49

If you send cards use your paper to make envelopes. I get rid of some that I don't like that way.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Sunnydi

Oh... glad to know what normal is !!! My normal ( for cleaning the scrap room) would definitely not be 2 hours, not even 2 days....probably 2 weeks.

Expert
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have to clean off the table now..that is piled pretty high...as soon as I get the stuff back into all the boxes..I will be ready to...ready to.....make a mess again? LOL.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to deedee49

I donate my scraps to ... MY sweet little girl Kaili! she loves playing with them. However, this could cause a BIG mess!!!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to mindygail

I just went shopping and now wanna reorganize everything! I think I'm addicted to organizing.

Tenant
In response to mrsrogers52513

I like to think that I stay fairly organized. I try to put things back away when I finish a project, or at the very least put it in the "to be put away" stack.

Even so, when I get into a cleaning/organizing mood, it will take me hours for a good deep clean or days/weeks for a re-organize (which I am in the middle of for the Get Organized class on this site).

So, taking a long time to get your space reset, absolutely normal.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to nikkiwhey

When we moved into our house a couple months ago it took me weeks to get my craft room organized. I am still not as organized as I want to be. I have a bunch of little stuff to organize. I do have it usable though....

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 07-20-13 07:28 PM
In response to dorichatelain

Totally normal! I reorganized my embellishments last week by color and worked on it for 3 days straight. I still wasn't finished. I worked on it for another half day today and probably have about that much more ahead. So it's going to be 4 days total just for that.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics