Username Post: scrapbook mentor ?        (Topic#1589447)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Hi I have been scrapbooking since 2000 and I have seen some improvment in my work but not enough.
I would love to find a talented woman here that could give me pointers!!! suggestions?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-15-13 12:18 PM
In response to mindygail

I would pick someone here that you admire and ask. I am sure most people would be flattered to be asked.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to vawm

Don't limit yourself to just one person. There are sooooo many talented people here. Download your work and we can all add suggestions privately or publicly. And you can help us too!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mindygail

There are a couple ways to do this..
Pick some of the pages you want to replicate in this amazing gallery(either style or technique) just pm them asking questions about what they did. Or you could post a thread here asking for people to explain certain things you want to know. How do we ink something? Or there is a tips /techniques bb under this one. Or you can go to you tube & search for what you want to learn... how to use a stencil with ink or mod podge etc..There are tons of tuts there. Pinterest has lots of tips & ideas too. You can google techniques too. hth

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

If you go to crops you may find someone who will help you. I know what you are saying - I like that one-on-one in person mentoring the best.

I have a friend here who scraps and she is a high school art teacher and really helps me a lot!

And people on this site really are great about helping! I've gotten a lot of ideas, suggestions and help from people here!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

I've got a friend that just won the bo bunny challenge for June. She has helped me a lot I am a decent scrapper but she is totally completely amazing!!!!!

So I agree ask someone that you love their work to take a look at yours.

Edited by Sneezy1956 on 07-15-13 06:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Sneezy1956

awesome ideas!!! thanks I love the work of cindy schneider on here. she is really good!!
I'll ask around.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to mindygail

I watch a lot of videos on YouTube!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics