Page 1 of 11 
Username Post: Memory Lane Scrapbooking Retreat -        (Topic#1589449)
Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Hi Friends,

With summer in full swing, that means fall isn't that far away! So here's a outline to get us started on planning the details of trip. Yeah!!!

The Essentials:

Date: October 3-6, 2013
Days: Thursday - Sunday
Where: Memory Lane Inn,
5604 4 Seasons Lane
McKinney, TX 75071
Phone: (469) 228-0900
Web Site: http://www.memorylaneinn.com
Cost: $149.00 for 3 Days (Thursday-Sunday)
Check In: 6:00 a.m. or later on Thursday
Check-Out: 1:00 pm on Sunday
Hostess: Bren (aka Scrapwritter)

Over Night Attendee's:

I'm not quite sure how many over night reservations we have (6 or 9), but I do believe we still have sleep over room for at least one more person. So don't take too long to decide if you want to go! Just add your name above and Bren will PM you with payment details.

Bren (aka Scrapwritter) Paid in Full (PIF)
Lorna (aka Lorna Lee) PIF
Yvonne (aka Euroalien) PIF
Suzie (aka Scrap Smart) PIF
Dawna (aka Dawnas Place) PIF
Other:

My apologies if you signed up already and I missed your name. Please correct me, just ink yourself in! :P

Meal Planning:

Option #1 Catered: We have the option of having our weekend catered for $69.00 for 5 meals over 3 days. You can review the Chiefs Menu here: http://www.memorylaneinn.com/chefs-menus/fall-wint er-me... I believe that most of us have said that we like Option #2 Fend For Ourselves' to help keep our trip cost down. Everyone would have to agree with this option to arrange for a weekend Chief. If you'd prefer to have the weekend catered, just list yourself below.

I'm Flexible on Option #1: Dawna,
My preference #1 Yvonne,

Option #2 On Our Own: On our own means that we will share the cost, preparation and clean-up of our home made meals. I think most of us liked this option, so I'm going to take this one a step further for planning purposes.

I'd like to recommend that we each follow our own morning routine rather than try and plan a group breakfast. That allows us time to sleep in, shower, take our meds, make toast, have cereal, cook eggs, or whatever we want or need to do to get ourselves off to a great start in the mornings!

If you like the "On Our Own" food option, we need to plan a menu and purchase food for the meals listed below. Once we've settled in on Thursday morning, a few of us can make a market run to stock up on goodies for the weekend. We'll plan to share the market bill between us. We can decide on the menu later, but for now If you prefer this option, please list your name twice (under one lunch & one dinner) so we can organize the kitchen helpers. We need at least two helpers per meal. Thank you!

Yvonne is flexible with item #2 option.

Thursday Lunch:
Thursday Dinner:
Friday Lunch: Dawna,
Friday Dinner:
Saturday Lunch:
Saturday Dinner: Dawna,

Thursday: Transportation Needs:

For those of us who are flying in from out of town, Bren has offered to help pick us up from the airport. I already know that Bren will be picking up Yvonne from Dallas Love Field Airport early Thursday morning. If you need a ride, please list your needs (day, time and flight information) below:

Yvonne: Love Field, 6:30 am Flight # ___________ Bren will pick-up
Dawna: Flight info TBD.
Other:
Other:

Friday: Wine Tasting & Old Town Adventure:

McKinney has a charming old town area called Main Street Square that is full of antique shops, restaurants, art galleries, a local historical museum and a few local wineries. I'd like to recommend a visit to McKinney's #1 Award Winning Winery, Landon Winery on Friday afternoon following lunch at the house. This should give us several hours to do a few tastings and take in some local shops before we need to return for dinner. If you'd like to join us for this adventure, please list your name below so we can make transportation plans:

1. Bren
2. Dawna
3. Yvonne
4. Lorna

Saturday: Visitors, Group Pictures & Workshop for Travel Journal

The following ladies have expressed interest in coming over to the retreat house to introduce themselves and craft with us, if possible. So far we have:

Donna (dkscrapper)
Norma (njr007)
Stef (auntieaunt)
Sandy (nanasan)
Terri (Is that Terri Hooper or throws) ???

With the rest of our friends joining us on Saturday, I was thinking this would be a great day to do our travel journal workshop since we'll all be together!

We will need 3-4 hours to take group pictures and create our journal so it might be nice to get started around 10:00 a.m. in the morning. If that's possible, we'll have time for our guests to arrive and settle in with us. We can work and chat for a few hours then take a nice lunch break. Without rushing anyone, we should be able to finish up our project by early afternoon and take a few nice group pictures to end our day.

Journal Supply List

For those of you who have had a chance to drop by for a look, thank you so much for your sweet comments! I'm delighted that you like the journal. I only put a few pic's here in my gallery, so here's a link to my blog where you can see all 40 pages: http://dawnasplace01.blogspot.com/2013/07/carta-bella-w ...

Consumable supplies for the journal are each persons responsibility and should be purchased as soon as possible because this collection has been out for while now.

To eliminate any confusion, I've listed the supplies you'll need below. I can't find two items here at sb.com, that is 1/4" black satin ribbon about 24" and cream 3" x 5" cream colored craft tags with string attached, 8 each. Both items are available from any big box craft store, but I've gone ahead and selected the next best thing that I could find. Also, feel free to substitute anything that I've listed that you think will make a nicer choice for your journal. It's you journal, so it's perfectly fine to customize it to suit your taste. For example, I love sewing, and plan to add some of this to my pages when I'm finished decorating it.

If you don't have an item that I listed, please speak up!!! I'm sure we can scrounge up extras of just about anything listed.

Equipment Sharing:

Does anyone who lives local, have a Cinch machine that I can borrow so I don't have to lug mine across the US? Also, can you tell me if its version one or version 2? And how about a Cricut Expression and Big Shot?

The End

Well this covers everything I can think of. I'm sure you all have things to contribute as well, so please feel free to add your thoughts to the conversation! Please remember to 'subscribe' to this thread so we can all stay up to date with our plans.

Hope your all having a happy day my friends! Can't wait till we're all together and I can give each of you big hug IRL!!!

Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Dawna.s Place on 07-16-13 07:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Dawna.s Place

Sign me up for the wine tasting. Oh I am so darn excited.
Looks like I have some shopping to do. Oh Dawna thank you for setting up this thread.
Bren, That you for setting up the retreat. I cant wait to meet everyone.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

I have a Cricut and a Big Kick.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

I'm in on the wine tasting too.... signe me up please

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Euroalien

I'm in for any option for the food. Option #1 doesn't cover Thursday at all for the $69 so we will have to do Thursday anyway

Dawna this is great, thanks for putting it together will be so much easier to plan, since we are limited on weight on the airplane....

So looking forward to this one....

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Euroalien

I have that envelope thingy too if I need to bring it. I can finally take time to learn to use it. I have had it for more than 2 months and it is still in the wrapping.

I have a scoring board that I use daily.

I can fill my trunk up with what ever I have that we need. I am driving to Dallas on Wednesday night.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 07-16-13 07:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:

I was thinking, Oh I know that's dangerous! lol But, the retreat house probably supplies this equipment. I'll check, but we should probably plan on bringing a personal Cricut mat, if we plan to use the cricuit and our own personal dies if we want to use the big kick too. I'll confirm availability and let you all know Lorna!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
I have that envelope thingy too if I need to bring it. I can finally take time to learn to use it. I have had it for more than 2 months and it is still in the wrapping.

I can fill my trunk up with what ever I have that we need. I am driving to Dallas on Wednesday night.

Lorna, Thanks for offering to share your envelop thingy, but we'll need as many of them as we can get our hands on! There are several envelops thought out the journal, so if you've got one, please bring it.

Ladies, if you don't have an envelop maker, no need to go out and purchase it, those of us with them will be happy to share with those who need to borrow.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

One more "Supply Item Clarification:"

I listed a 'hook and loop' closure when what I really needed to list were 'Velcro dots.' No they didn't have them here at sb.com so I listed the closest thing that I could find that I thought would work.

Here's what you really need instead: http://www.joann.com/velcro-brand-sticky-b ack-coins/prd...

My packaging is a bit different, but I used the 5/8" dots that you can put on each side of something so it will close securely. Sorry for any confusion ladies. :P

I'm so darned excited about this trip!!!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

• Dawna.s Place Said:
  • Lorna Lee Said:

I was thinking, Oh I know that's dangerous! lol But, the retreat house probably supplies this equipment. I'll check, but we should probably plan on bringing a personal Cricut mat, if we plan to use the cricuit and our own personal dies if we want to use the big kick too. I'll confirm availability and let you all know Lorna!

Okay Lorna, I checked on this and they already have a Cricut Expression with LOTS of cartridges and a cartridge jute box for our use. They even up out a fresh Cricut mat before each retreat weekend. Have a peek at their cartridge list here: http://www.memorylaneinn.com/amenities/cricut-mcki nney....

Lorna, we're on our own for a Big Kick though. Would you mind bringing your Big Kick, its platforms and your Cinch for us to all use? I have the skinny cutting platform and plates for using the edge and rosette dies, should I plan on bringing those with me?

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:

Lorna where do you live and where will you be staying in Dallas? Bren is planning to pick-up Yvonne at Love Field which is just across town from DFW. I'm thinking I'll get my best flight options into DFW and I'm curious if you'll be anywhere near there for a possible pick-up. I'm still thinking about renting a car because I'll be headed up to OK after the retreat to visit with Dad for a week, so I still have some options.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

Ok ordered alot off my supplies here today for the journal, some are out of stock and will have to wait or pick up somewhere else.
Made me a list of the items in windows so I have it handy and check off easy....

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Euroalien

I am not in this group of friends but just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

What a great trip you have planned! Wonderful to see that you are meeting up in real life. If I lived closer, I would crash your retreat (kidding!).

The journal is very very nice.

Have fun ladies.

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to Euroalien

Thanks for including me in the thread! I am so excited about meeting all of you.

I am on the fence about staying at the inn. I will be at a crop scrap weekend in mid September and that will include a trip to Shreveport for a scrapbook convention so that will probably take up most of my play money. Need to check with dh to see if I can get more!

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to njr007

Also-I am not sure how the owner (or other scrappers at the inn) will feel about having ladies not staying at the inn scrapping at the house-has anyone talked about this or should we be concerned? And, I may have even overstepped in thinking that I am invited to scrap with you all. Just thinking out loud.....thoughts please

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to njr007

Dawna, I do not have a cinch. I will bring my big kick and plates thou. I am planning on spending the night at Bren's on Wednesday. I can certainly help with pick ups at the airport. Whatever it takes to get us all together.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to njr007

• njr007 Said:
Also-I am not sure how the owner (or other scrappers at the inn) will feel about having ladies not staying at the inn scrapping at the house-has anyone talked about this or should we be concerned? And, I may have even overstepped in thinking that I am invited to scrap with you all. Just thinking out loud.....thoughts please

Of course u are invited, please come we would luv to have u....

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Euroalien

I am excited about meeting everyone in person. I can't stay but will be there on Saturday!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to dkscrapper

"Doodlebug Designs - Boutique Trims - Assorted Ribbon - Beetle Black" is discontinued ;(

found mixed black and white 10mm satin ribbon from UK that I ordered instead and hope it will work.....

Edited by Euroalien on 07-16-13 08:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Euroalien

I will be flying in to Dallas Love Field on October 3rd at 9.30 AM on Southwest Flight# 15 from St Louis,MO.
Flying home again on October 6th same airport at 1.20 PM....

Page 1 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics