Username Post: And my goofy question for the day.        (Topic#1589481)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

For the last several LO's I've made, I have taken to a strange habit in the process creation. My pages are traveling all over the house, in an attempt to decide if they are done and/or what else I'd like to do with them.

My workspace is in the basement. Pretty much everything starts out there, but I wind up carrying the unfinished page upstairs, to the dining table, so I can lap past it umpteen times for a fresh view. Today, I've also taken one page upstairs to stare at while I fold towels.

Does anyone else move their pages around the house for a creative reboot or fresh ideas?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to MommaSaid

I often think I am finished with a layout only to have it sit out and I add something else to it!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to binkiemonstermom

So far, I haven't taken the page around the house...but maybe because I never thought to do it. However, when I'm not sure about a page, I will leave it on the desk and when I go back to the scraproom (usually a few days to a few weeks later ), I get a fresh view of it and can then tell whether or not it is really finished and what it needs if it's not.

When I first started scrapping, my scrap space was in the corner of the living room and I would wander past the desk several times during the day and glance at the page in progress and it would help me figure out what I wanted to do....I miss having my scrapspace so handy!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justowen

I don't take the layout anywhere but my scraproom is also our office and the room where we spend about 95% of our waking time.

I have a 8' long scrap table and my husband's desk is right behind me. We never go in the living room and don't have a family room (it was turned into a formal dining room that we never use).

So if it is on my scrap table it gets viewed 100 times a day or more.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Henri Jean

Our little family of three could easily spend hours each day in the basement. When it works well, DH works on making jewelry, painting miniature figures for gaming, etc. DS plays with Sculpey and I fiddle with paper. That's not always the case.

I think the biggest benefit I've found is changes in lighting. Basement -- overhead office lighting. Dining area -- some natural light and an overhead light. Bedroom -- tons of natural light. In each space, it takes on a new effect.

..... Now I wish my craft space were upstairs with plenty of windows.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to MommaSaid

I've never done this...very interesting though!

nanof8 
Resident
In response to mrsrogers52513

I also take my LO's from my craft room to the dining table if I am not sure about something so I can view each time I walk pass also so my husband can view.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to nanof8

I have yet to walk around my house with my layouts. But when we were i our trailer my scrapspace was a table at our couch. So we saw everything I did. It was great. But now I have the craft room and I can go in there through out the day and stare at the layouts. I actually have one started right now. It has paper and flowers on it. I was in the middle of it and had to work on pictures with husband because we were learning how to use our new ride format printer.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to MommaSaid

I put my "finished" pages in my album and then look at them several times a day. Then, one day I walk over to the album and look again, and say, "OMG, this really needs this and that..." and I then take it out of the page protector and finish it. We are all crazy!

Tenant
In response to bonprof

If I am not sure about a page I will do one of two things. I ask my daughter to look at I; I have tried asking my dh but all I get is a "Looks good to me" or a "Any of those colors will work" (when trying to figure out which pink to use with a blue - since I have trouble seeing the tone/tint/etc difference in papers). My dd is more artistic, can see the color differences and has a very good eye for what is missing or in the wrong spot.

If that doesn't work, it gets put into a "It's not quite ready project pouch and is now added to my new projects in progress station. When I sit to scrap, I pull those almost done pages out first to see if I have figured it out yet.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to nikkiwhey

I usually have a "feeling" when the page is done. But that's because I'm one of those "start to finish" type of people. I start the page and I HAVE to finish it the same day. So when it feels done I just put it away in a stack until I feel like putting them in an album.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Crafting Marfa

I finally decided the latest traveler was done. I am happy with it. I started another page this morning -- my biggest clue that I am done with the last -- but probably won't finish it for a while. While I fussednwith it I got rapid succession foot cramps and to practically run around the house for an hour. Just thinking about that page stresses me out.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MommaSaid

I have a scraproom but I never left the page out. we had 3 cats & dogs that were large enough to reach the stuff on the table. Now I shut the door & leave it on my table to look at to figure what I want to do. I never take it to another part of the house.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11

never tried it but it might help with my scrappers block!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mindygail

Mine only leave the room once they're done - to take them downstairs to photograph them, or on a stack on a dresser while waiting for good enough light conditions. Well, and once in a while when I take them downstairs to get my husband's opinion on colors or something.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to aquabunny

I don't ever put my pages away right "just in case" I feel the need to add to them. I have a whole wall in my scraproom with clips and I usually have up to a dozen of my most recent pages hanging there waiting to be put into albums. It's odd, I know but I kind of like that they're displayed in the open like that. They seem to inspire more great creations. Once they're in the books who knows how long it will be before I see them again.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to olleharr

OLLEHARR I think that is cool!!!
Not odd at all. I wanted (super bad) a renee clip it up base unit but too tight of a budget so I got crafty and took some twine and two push pins and hung up a med length line and hung up my favorite lay outs. great idea!!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to mindygail

Great idea to clip them up!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics