Username Post: Can you create your own pl album?        (Topic#1589515)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Hey girls, I have heard a lot of talk about project life! I am very interested BUT I am on a strict very tight budget. ANY ideas on creating my own???

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to mindygail

There are a lot of free downloadable pages out there. Check on Pinterest. Lots of ideas and you can make your own journal cards.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to hvn101

I think the biggest thing with project life is the documentation. So it is open to anything you want!!!!

I wanted to try the format so I am doing Project Summer!!!

http://3monkeysthrowingar oundsomepaper.blogspot.com/201...

But you can also use a journaling type of book too:

If you wanted the divided pages: most of the big box stores carry them, with a coupon, they can be very reasonable!
You can decorate any way that you like. I use a lot of scraps in mine.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to binkiemonstermom

in "09" I did an 8x8 version of pl and then last year i did many different formats of pl pages. it's all in what you want to do.

as far as i'm concerned you can do whatever format of pl is easiest for you

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to cescrapper

Sure! You can make your own chipboard album if you like....or buy one
You can purchase divided page protectors and then use the papers you already have....I cut up paper into 4x6 and 3x4 rectangles and then used a corner rounder to make them smoother....
Add your pics, journal and add whatever embellishments you already have....

I purchased a PL kit for the 2012 project life and I found that I only used a small part of it...after awhile, I got bored using the same paper, cards etc....
I also added 12x12 layouts in amongst the divided page protectors a few times....
It can be anything you want it to be!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to kiyawinn

I made my own for the next 2 years.

For our 2014 book, I took a paper pad that I already had and cut it all up to be 4x6 and 3x4 cards. I used solid colored cardstock to match the colors in the patterned paper and then used my paper punches to make decorative elements for on the cards.

I am going to go back and scrap our 2009 pictures in PL style. For this book, I went through my box of scraps and cut up everything that would go down to a 4x6 and 3x4. I matched the solid paper to the patterned paper in the box and made my own custom cards.

And Now when I make a regular layout, I immediately cut up any left over scraps to be used in future PL books. So far I have 1/2 a year of cards for a third book. Not only does this eliminate so much from going into the scrapbox, it also helps to pre-build future books!

I did purchase the PL page protectors and a 12x12 binder for each year.

I will try to post some pictures later this weekend of both books (without the photos and journaling as they have not been filled yet).

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Shutterbugg

I would get the divided page protectors when they go on sale or with a coupon and then cut your own paper!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsrogers52513

These are all great ideas

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11

yes i need to check out the divided pages. for sure!!!! WHY does everyone say 4x6 cards is it always divided like that???? I need examples!!!

thanks girls!!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to mindygail

I think 4 x 6 is the most common one, but they make all kinds of different divided page protectors. You can go to your local craft store if you want to see in person, otherwise I've seen a bunch here in the SuperStore as well.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to mrsrogers52513

I did a P365 album in 2009 and I used 12x12 cardstock for my base then put the elements on it in the places they would be in the page protectors. I also cut scraps to use like a previous poster said but doing this kept me from having to but the divided page protectors.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics