Username Post: Is it "full"?        (Topic#1589547)
Tenant

This may sound like a really stupid question, but, how do you decide if a scrapbook is "full"?

I recently started to go more dimensional in some of my embellishments, but it is making my book feel "full" before I think it should be.

So, I was just wondering, when do you decide to move to a new book? Is it when a book is a certain thickness? A certain time period?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to nikkiwhey

My books generally are a certain time or trip. But I have been know to divide into two books if I need it. I don't over fill my books because they don't seem to do well if I get them to full.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to nikkiwhey

I usually switch to a new book when the edges lay level and flat. I over-filled a book and the edges fanned out. It was harder to pick up and was so full, some of the pages kept coming out when turned. I use 3 ring type albums.

When I overloaded my post bound album the screws pulled through the back of the album. (I added too many screw extensions and had way too many pages)

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to wilbur

I use the 3ring albums and I just move onto the next one before it gets too fat and awkward to turn the pages, open up and sit nicely on my shelf......I just play it by ear....

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to binkiemonstermom

• binkiemonstermom Said:
My books generally are a certain time or trip. But I have been know to divide into two books if I need it. I don't over fill my books because they don't seem to do well if I get them to full.

Ditto this. Unless it's a special topic with hundreds of photos, each album spans a year. Example, ds's albums start with each birthday. However, he was a toddler when I really got hooked into scrapping, so his earliest years are divided between post bound albums. When the spine became sloppy from all the post extenders, I started a new one.

Expert
In response to MommaSaid

I used to have my boys' albums stop at specific times (birthday and half-birthday--give or take), but now I just go with what feels like enough. I started a family album a couple of years ago and was able to divide the first year evenly into 2 albums, but last year I had to do 3 with the middle one being just summer.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to HuskerMom98

Once the pages don't lay nice anymore is when I start a new one.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to mrsrogers52513

I used to do an album for each year (Chrono albums for my DD) but then I started using the D ring which fit more. SO now I can do 2 years at a time (I have slowed down ALOT) But with D Ring as soon as it doesn't lay 'flat' it's full

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Just G

I use the 3 ring albums from WRMK. I usually put 2 years worth into each one and I have a little divider that lets me know which year begins/ends. While I like the idea of yearly books, I really don't want 20 plus books per kid.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to rubymillerand

I like the Doodlebug 3 Ring Albums. My only complaint is that they don't make a purple one

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-24-13 09:09 AM
In response to mrsrogers52513

I have bought several of the snapload systems to convert my postbound albums, but I still haven't used them. I've heard they are wonderful though and that they work better for bigger books.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Vae

I use wrmk albums and when they don't lay flat I do a new one but I embellish really heavy so sometimes I don't get to many pages before they are full.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Sneezy1956

I do loads of "fat" pages with flowers and other thicker embellies. Those layouts I put in 3 ring binders and usually after I have filled the 10 page protectors it is time to move on. But it just depends on how closed you want the album to be.
I discovered a bigger 3 ring binder by Pioneer at an expo last March...it's 2 1/2 inches..I bought one thinking I could buy more later but I couldn't fine them anywhere..well guess what...they are now her at SB under new products..in several bright colors.
url=http://store.scrapbook.com/p-t-12jf-cbb.html][/url] Pioneer - D-Ring Binder - 12 x 12 Sewn Leatherette Cover with Metal Corners - Bright Blue

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics