Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: day to day        (Topic#1589623)
Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann

This is just a topic for us to connect and share our day to day activities and to meet new people. It's a place to share recipes, remedies, hobbies, stories, problems, laughter, and anything you would like to share with us. I hope there are some out there who would like to connect with this topic and keep it flowing.

My day has been pretty monotonous. I picked cucumbers this morning. I also got fresh beets and carrots from the garden. I cleaned the house and I'm planning on going to wash my bed and clean my room so that I have a freshly cleaned room for the weekend. One of my best friends is coming to visit me tomorrow and I can hardly wait! I haven't seen her in a long time. I will especially enjoy her company to get my mind off the last week. Last wednesday my grandpa died. It was a very quick unexpected death and we will miss him very much. It's still hard to believe that he is actually gone. He was so healthy when I visited him a few days before. I'm just so very glad I took the time to visit him! RIP grandpa...you left behind an empty place that can never be filled...we loved you in life and in death we love you still!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Kaylann

Hi Kaylann~ I'm so sorry about your grandfather. It's good that you had the time to visit him and you'll treasure that memory always.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to gin1902

Thank you so much!

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to Kaylann

Hello Kaylann! I am new to this site as well working my way around. I read your profile and it reminds me when I was your age. shy. During high school my hobby was reading spending my weekends in the library, the books were my friends. I enjoyed jewelry making and drawing.
Also my grandfather passed away when I was 16 and know how it feels that empty space. I din't spend much time with him because he lived in mexico and I in the US but when he came to visit us he was great a loving and humanitarian, loved to share and welcome everyone.
Sorry for your loss.
by the way I love your forum topic. I would also love to make new friends.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to isbelle

Hi Isbelle! I also love to read books but during the summer I rarely have time...and during the winter I don't have time either...but usually i make it work! My grandma died when i was fifteen and it was oh so empty without her! I live very close to them so we saw each other alot but we knew it was coming, she died of cancer. My grandpa however, we didn't know that he was going to die...the worst of it is, he just remarried this April, and it's so sad visiting my "grandma"

I just took a little break to stop here and tell you hi and nice to meet you! but i hav to go back to tending my flower garden....hope you visit again...BBL!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Kaylann

Hi, Kaylann. Just wanted to say that I too am so sorry for your loss. My father passed away in April, and I still grieve for him.

I also wanted to say that I peeked in your gallery, and you have some amazing pictures in there. You really have talent.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to flintridgescrapper

I am sorry to hear about your father! I can't imagine my father passing away! Time heals most everything!

Thank you!!

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to flintridgescrapper

Sorry for your loss.

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to Kaylann

great to hear from you K. It's sad for all your losses, my deepest sympathies.
It's nice you tend your garden. I sure love to have a nice big beautiful garden.
Me too. I don't read as often as I used to in my teenage years. Every stage of life it's different and wonderful. The one's that I hold dearest are my childhood memories, time with my parents and brothers.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to isbelle

I still read a lot but there are so many other things to do.

The last week has been extremely hectic. One of my friends got married and there was a whirlwind of last minute preparations and such stuff. On Monday a group of us went to visit her. She moved to where her husband lives so we went to visit her and tell her good-bye. I saw a lot of friends I haven't seen in awhile and I really enjoyed it. I also made new friends. I love doing that. But I am also very glad that the week is over and we can once again return to our normal lives.

I got a chain letter today that was started back in 1998 and it only needs to go until the end of the year to make it into the Guiness book of world records! I think that's pretty cool!

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to Kaylann

I sounds fun. Glad you make more friends. And marriage sure does change your life. It's nice to hear from you. Great profile pic.
I never heard a chain letter could go around for so long.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to isbelle

Hello dear! I was wondering where you were...I missed you lol...

I don't think I believe that the chain letter has been going for so long. It's hardly possible. Millions of people would have had to mail it already and SOMEONE is bound to break it. haha but maybe..I'm wrong...I've been before and I could be again. But I did send it to six of my friends and I'm anxious to get some postcards. I'm supposed to get 218 postcards in 16 days..or somoething like tht...

And thank you...

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to Kaylann

yeah, it's been a long week for me. I had family members come over to visit from mexico, my daughter's b-day celebration, and my son just starting pre-k. This weekend I am probably having more relatives come and visit from TN. Let's see how next week goes. Probably have less time to blog and craft. Oh you are welcome to visit my blog love to share some of my (God's creations) and hopefully inspire others to follow their passion and talent.
/2013/08/four-just-becaus e-cards.html
I am very grateful I found my true talent. I struggled for a long time to find my true-self. I way to express my self and give others a piece of me. Don't want to bore any one
Glad you still here Kaylann. The postcards are part of the chain letter? Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Edited by isbelle on 08-16-13 02:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to isbelle

How many children do you have? How old are they? How is Mexico? I would like to visit other places but I'm not sure that is something I'll get to do this side of heaven. But I guess I just have to wait and see what life God has given. I will be grateful for whatever it is.

TBH I am still trying to figure out who "me" is. One day I'm so sure I have what I want, the next day everythig goes topsy turvy and I'm back to square one. But I'm only eighteen so I have time yet to figure out what I want.

I will visit your blog today yet. My brother just pulled in here with a load of grain and I think I'll ride with him for awhile. They started harvesting wheat today.

Having relatives visit can be pretty tiring. I love it when they come to visit but it is tiring.

You're not boring me. And yes the postcards are a part of the chain letter.

TTYL isbelle, God bless you.

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to Kaylann

Wow it seem you have fun at your place. You live in a farm? you are a family of?
I have two beautiful children a boy four and a girl two.
You know honestly I don't know how mexico is I came here to the US when I was seven don't remember much, but do have relatives come from mex. and they say is very different from here and of course you notice the difference in the foods.
One of my biggest dream is traveling specially to europe. but as you say who knows only God can guide us the way to our true destiny. But I never stop dreaming and hoping.
sorry to ask but what does TTYL and TBH mean?

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to isbelle

TTYL = talk to you later
TBH = to be honest

Yes, I live on a farm? Are you familiar with the term Hutterite? I have eight in my family. Three brothers and two sisters.

I always want to eat in a Mexican resteraunt when my friends and I are in town but they always say no because the food is spicy. I love spicy food and someday I'm going to eat at a Mexican resteraunt! Haha

I would like to travel to Germany and Russia where my ancestors are from. I would like to travel the world. Ha but that's not going to happen...

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to Kaylann

thanks for the abbreviation tips. Keep me updated with those I am not sure what Hutterite means? so you are in the middle, oldest, youngest?

Yeah, you sure are missing on the mex. food. not all are spicy. you just need to try them and find out for yourself. It's always good to try new things, that's how we learn.

yeah to Germany, would love to go there too. I have a friend who is from Germany. you speak german?
Don't limit yourself. The sky is the limit. Our way of thinking has an influence on what it manifests in life.
anyways, have a great week.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to isbelle

I am in the middle with one of my brothers. I have two brothers and one sister older than me. And one brother and one sister younger than me.

Yes, I speak German. I speak both high German and low German. My main language that I speak is German. My anscetors came from Germany and from Russia.

isbelle
Veteran
isbelle
In response to Kaylann

cool maybe you can teach me some basics :-) what's the difference between high and low german?
you have a big family I bet it get pretty busy around your house.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to isbelle

Low German is the actual German language and the one that I can probably teach you a little. High german is the language that we speak on daily basis. (I think it's that way maybe it's vice versa. Not sure. ) But anyways the difference is one of the two is a mixture of all the countries that my ancestors were from. They were persecuted in Germany and Russia for their believe until they were forced to move to America and along the way they came up with their own language which is a mixture of Russian, German, Eglish and who knows what else. We grew up speaking that language. But we have two different schools that we attend. English school and German school. English school is the main school like everyone else goes to. German school is where we are taught about the history of hutterites and where we are taught low German. Does that make any sense to you??

Yes, our household can get busy but since none of us are too young it's not that bad. Except for when my dear brothers are being...well being guys. But I love them.

And here is something...Guten Morgen is Good Morning in German.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics