Username Post: Does anyone know ...        (Topic#1589639)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I have a lot of the clear stamps that I WANT to mount onto wooden blocks - yep, the reverse of what most people are doing! But I've been stumped on how to do this. (I have the blocks.) Today I saw an article on Pinterest where someone had done this by putting a thin layer of rubber cement onto the block and a thin layer onto the back of the stamp. waited until they were tacky and pressed them together. Does anyone know if rubber cement would eventually eat through (or damage) the clear stamps? It sounded like a great idea, but for some reason a red light went off. Does anyone have any other ideas?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

Not sure. I know I put some Inkadinkado clear stamps in a CD case once and they melted and goo went EVERYWHERE.

Rubber cement is solvent-based, isn't it? Do solvents and acrylic mix?

If you've got some rubber cement, have you got a tiny piece of a clear stamp that you can cut off and find out a) whether it actually sticks, and b) whether anything melts. That's what I'd do.

Or, how about Mod Podgeing the base of the wooden blocks until they are really smooth, and then just sticking the acrylic stamps on. Sort of make the wood blocks into pretty acrylic blocks, you know? Then they can still be peeled off if necessary for cleaning.

(You won't forget to stamp the image onto the top of the wooden block with Staz-On BEFORE sticking the stamp to the block, will you? I had to say that 'cos I would have done that myself with the first one. Guaranteed. )

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to RedSquirrel

I would be afraid it would eat away. I'd do what the above poster said and try a small piece and see what happens, but it may take years for it to eat away, so I'm not sure if that would help.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to mrsrogers52513

I'd probably run them through my xyron and stick them to the block--

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to terrihooper

Oh good idea!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to mrsrogers52513

Xyron! Of course! Thanks for the tip - I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics