Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Which albums will you use now that CM is closing?        (Topic#1589659)
New Kid On the Block

I have always used CM albums. When I look at other albums in stores, I feel like they are not made as well. sigh. Now that I can't buy the CM albums I'm looking for a new album. Does anyone have a favorite? For a quick album of random pictures through out the year, I used the CM 11x14 Expandable PicFolio. Is there anything like the PicFolio on the market?

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to mom2allison

I like the American Crafts D-Ring albums and the Doodlebug Storybook Albums

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to mrsrogers52513

I also used to use CM albums (Pic-folio and otherwise). I have switched to the 3 ring type of American Crafts and We R Memory Makers/Keepers (I don't know which it is for sure). I only buy the cloth/linen albums because I had terrible luck with the faux leather ones warping.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Shutterbugg

I love both of those brands too. I've recently been drawn more towards the Doodlebug Storybook Albums though. I use a lot of Doodlebug products, so their albums match better!

Guru

• mom2allison Said:
For a quick album of random pictures through out the year, I used the CM 11x14 Expandable PicFolio. Is there anything like the PicFolio on the market?

I don't know of any albums offhand that are like that but you can turn albums into them with page protectors. Hobby Lobby carries them in both vertical and horizontal formats. They are made by Paper Studio and I have been happy with them. They are 50% off a lot. 20 protectors for $10 is their regular price. American Crafts makes a huge assortment of them and sb.com carries a ton of the various ones. I am adding just one of the AC page protectors that are available here.

Guru
In response to ihacodb

Hmmm it didn't attach. If you go to the store and search for American Crafts they will come up.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'

I was in the same predicament. And I found out late so could not "stock" up on many things. And even though our local Hobby Lobby (30 miles away) had some strap hinge accessories, pages and protectors, the album choices were awful. So, I broke down and purchased (from Scrapbook.com) a 3 ring/D ring , 12 x 12 in pink from We Are Memory Keepers and I absolutely LOVE IT. It is my first attempt away from the strap hinge and I have no regrets. I have only done 4 pages but the album is lovely and the ease and flexibility of arranging pages has me wondering why I didn't change sooner. Well, I know why...CM's albums are high quality and beautiful. And it was what I started with. Good luck in your search for a new style of album. I did ponder over what to do for several weeks before taking the plunge.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to mj scrappin'

I never used CM products except for waaaay back in the beginning of my scrapping days when I thought every picture had to be cut into a shape-lol!

I love the WRMK D-ring albums for their looks, strength and styles. And the page protectors are super thick and don't tear out, no matter how stuffed they are!

bonprof
Guru
bonprof

I really appreciate your input; i did stock up on cm pages, etc. but eventually, ill have to switch. Its good to have this information!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I used to have 40 CM albums. I loved them. I had to switch about 4 years ago. I switched to We R memory keepers 3 ring. It is the vinyl looking ones. I totally love them. They come in many colors. If you do not want 3 ring..they make postbound too so your pages are still together. If I remember correctly..... We R memory keepers changed their name some years back. They were a company in Utah that sold great quality scrapbooks for many years.

Edited by anda11 on 07-30-13 11:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to anda11

I started out using CM albums, but switched over to We are Memory Keepers albums a few years ago and absolutely love them. They lay beautifully when open, and it is so easy to add pages or move things around if you scrapped out of sequence.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to scarlet864

I vote for the We R Memory Keeper albums also that is what I have been using for a little while and will continue to use that CM is no longer around. I like that I can pick them at my local Target if I just need an album quickly. Plus they aren't expensive like CM

Shayla4u
Tenant
Shayla4u
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I love the American Crafts D ring albums. I have embellished pages and they fit best in these albums.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to scarlet864

The WRMK album that I mentioned in an earlier post is pictured in anda11's post above and it is beautiful! After 3 son's and one grandson, we finally have a little girl in the family, our 2 month old granddaughter. It is the perfect color for her book and I am still able to work on the 12 x 12 pages I am accustomed to. I also ordered Bazzil Bulk plain white Cardstock (12 x 12) to get me started and I am so happy with the decision!!! I was surprised to read how many of us were in the same situation with Creative Memories "changes." But after getting started on this method and seeing the quality and beauty of this album, I may end up with some CM stock that will need a new home!

Edited by mj scrappin' on 08-03-13 05:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

I have to also say WRMK albums. I only have one Dark Blue WRMK album and it page protectors. I plan on maybe getting another one for my Dad's family heritage album. I'm in the process of doing. Because I have my father's family layouts in a Pioneer post bonded album. I like those too. But I don't like how a little bit of top of the layout is sticking out. It not a big thing for me. But I'm really liking the WRMK albums and page protectors more now. Since the whole 12x12 layout fits nicely in there page protectors.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to justartguy007

I just got some WRMK Binders on clearance at Target!

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

I guess I need to check out Target one of these days. I keep hearing how some people find some cool related scrapbook items. On sale at Target. Thanks for the heads up... I might go there and see what they might have on Clarence.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to justartguy007

No problem! And they were in the actual scrapbooking aisle where all the photo albums and stuff are. I went to 3 Targets and they all had the WRMK ones on the top shelf and had the clearance sticker on the shelf itself and also on the item.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

I have over 40 of the WRMK albums and have never had a problem with any of them (only 30 used though). My friend is a retailer and found them for $2.45 a piece. These were the albums that stores were selling for up to $39.99. Stocked up for sure. My other albums (other than CM) had to be replaced because the binding was shot after 10 years.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
I have over 40 of the WRMK albums and have never had a problem with any of them (only 30 used though). My friend is a retailer and found them for $2.45 a piece. These were the albums that stores were selling for up to $39.99.

Wow! That's amazing that the mark-up is so much on these albums!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics