Page 1 of 36 
Username Post: August Photo Fun        (Topic#1589721)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO AUGUST 2013 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see SHARE. Click the Link & Embed Image.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: August 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

AUGUST Minis:

1 - Itty Bitty
2 - Pattern
3 -Under Construction
4 - Fabulous Find
5 - Motion
6 - Under There
7 - How Many
8 - Favorite Food
9 - Candid
10 - A Part Of Me

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

I'm in again!

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to Heather4859

Hi Everyone...I'd like to play this month...hopefully, I won't get side-tracked.

Great minis Lori...thank you for hosting.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to krazy4kardz

I didn't nearly get the 10 minis or 10 PODs done last month but I definitely would like in again. This is such a fun group!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to klweist

Hello, can't wait to see what this month's photos bring.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

I'm in. Well, maybe....

I'm leaving on the 1st for my parents place, will be there till the 18th, and then to a friends to help them move. Will be back home on the 25th. Yeah - pretty much gone the entire month.

I think I will say I'm in, but try to just stay caught up with chat and maybe a photo or two. I know we are going to be busy at my parents. The first weekend we are their is the rodeo, and the next weekend is the 60th birthday celebration my sisters and I are planning, and some where in there, I think my Mom has another building project to do. I will be taking lots of pictures, may not have time to post them.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Glad to see you all back.

Krista....yikes! That is super busy! I'll be a fun time though!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

I'm in!!! Cool minis!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

I wanna play again this month!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

I would love to play.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to lgtaylor100

JCI

nanasan
Diva
nanasan
In response to KristaDee

I am in again! Mini's will b interesting.:)

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to nanasan

Welcome to the group lgtaylor100!

julie101
Idol
julie101

I would like to give it ago need to work on taking photos

desilu3131
Angel