Username Post: Book of Me - August 2013 - no signups req- everyone welcome        (Topic#1589761)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly BOM Challenge for August 2013.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to make a Book of Me (BOM) or expand their BOM or just get motivated to work on their BOM. I'm making it a monthly challenge as that seems to give us all more urgency to make us work on a project. Couple it with some of the other challenges out there- Page Maps, Monthly Sketch, Monochrome, Sewing... There are so many & you'll at least get one LO done for YOU.

So many times we scrap our family, but not ourselves- as if we are less important. I so wish my mother had put a note or something behind some of those photos of her & now she's gone & I cannot ask. Leave something for the future generations about the magical & wonderful person you are.

Timeline: Make a timeline about your life. You can start at the beginning to present or pick out just a period of time. Or you can do a timeline of all the vacations you’ve been on. A school time line. Were you in scouts or other club like 4H or karate- a timeline of that experience. Do not think a timeline as just a line. If you go on Pinterest.com & search “timeline” you will get all kinds of inspiration- circles, winding paths, blocks, zig-zags… You are welcome to do a straight line, but I challenge you not to- to do something different. Instead of saying think outside the box, I'll say think off the line. You do NOT have to be detailed. Just the highlights like:

1965 – born in Salinas, CA
1970 – started school at Prunedale Elementary
1975 – went to Disneyland for 10th b-day
1977 – learned to play the flute
1979 – graduated 8th grade
1983 – graduated from Monterey Co HS

You may want to make some of those events bigger than had most impact on your life & include just a few photos to represent those key times. Or just 1 or 2 large pictures of you & make your timeline over & thru the photos. Like I said- you are not going into a lot of detail- just highlights.

This can be a 1 or 2-page LO. No rules except the topic.

Here’s a 2nd & fun BOM topic- print the form & then scrap it on a page. If you don’t have an answer to a blank- that’s okay- do what you can- be serious or funny. This is from Ali Edwards Hello Story class on BigPictureClasses.com

My Name is By Charcats7

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Go to the Share section on the right-hand side and click on ‘Link/Embed Image'.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
+you can also check the box at the time you upload as well & save having to edit.

Your pages:

1. my life - timeline By Charcats7

2. my reading life By GMFTS

Edited by charcats7 on 08-26-13 05:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-31-13 10:18 AM
In response to charcats7

YIKES!! This is gonna be fun.

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to KimKV

oooh count me in.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to msmama

glad you like it

happy go lucky
Queen
happy go lucky
In response to charcats7

I'd like to give this a try - sound very inspiring.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 08-01-13 02:00 PM
In response to happy go lucky

Ok, seriously..WHY is it nothing moves along until a mom gets involved???

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 08-01-13 02:01 PM
In response to KimKV

HI Vickie!!! Glad decided to play

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to KimKV

YAY- welcome Vickie
I hope to get mine done- it's started, but have to get my prototype done for my 230 Christmas card order. Had a migraine yesterday & just didn't trust myself to do it.

happy go lucky
Queen
happy go lucky
In response to charcats7

found the photos - now trying to work on the design. HOPEFULLY something will fall into place and then the "building" will begin.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Can hardly wait to see Vickie

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

Ci. Finishing up swap items this week in hopes of getting a layout done about ME this weekend! Have an awesome week, ladybugs!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to arteshamac

cool - I have a page I'm planning- going to use my ugly papers from the Ugly Paper challenge

Can hardly wait to see Artesha

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

here is my timeline page:

my life - timeline By Charcats7

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-19-13 03:48 AM
In response to charcats7

I am so excited to finally get this done. It has been in my head and then on my table for weeks, it even went on a weekend away but it was so damp there the paper curled.

This is a two pager to accommodate the time line

my reading life By GMFTS

Edited by GMFTS on 08-19-13 02:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to GMFTS

Great job Mary - awesome LO - LOVE it!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

I want to do a childhood time line layout so badly, but my family lost the majority of my photos as a baby and a young girl during hurricane Katrina. The photos that weren't completely ruined look terrible. I guess I could start it as I got older, but I wanted to do a childhood one. Regardless, this month is ticking along and I haven't gotten one layout done yet. Painters are coming to finish painting the outside of my house on Saturday and my God son's birthday party is Saturday. Nonetheless, maybe I can get SOMETHING done. Have a Terrific Tuesday, ladies!

happy go lucky
Queen
happy go lucky
In response to arteshamac

Yikes!! The month is ticking by and I still haven't completed my project. Gotta get busy!! Hopefully some photos and pp will meet up this weekend, join together and BECOME a lo. LOL!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

it's hard to believe this is the last week of Aug - wow- it has flown by

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-29-13 05:13 PM
In response to charcats7

Last week August seemed so short and this week? Where has August gone?

Hi everyone!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to GMFTS

Wow- tomorrow is the last day of August - where did it go? I'll try & get Sept challenge up tomorrow. So much going on that it may be Monday. Having our Labor Day BBQ on Sunday afternoon so people don't have to rush off in the evening if they don't want to

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics