Username Post: Dollhouse wallpaper        (Topic#1589777)
taurus_
Expert
taurus_

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am building a dollhouse and I'm planning on using scrapbook paper as the wallpaper. I really like this one but I think the scale is too big. What do you guys think? The scale of the dollhouse is 1:12.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to taurus_

When I look at the bottom row, there are 4 complete repeats of that motif, plus one 'lil bit. That means the repeat is going to be almost 3".

That's a pretty large scale, depending on the look you want.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to taurus_

I do not know about that specific paper but I wanted to tell you that I just saw a bunch of minis that you print for miniatures & dollhouses on Pinterest last week. You could search dollhouse minis on Pinterest. There were wallpapers & things that were for the kitchen, living room etc. You just printed them out.. books, cans etc

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I have gone to paint stores that sell wallpaper and they have given me a lot of samples books. They would be perfect and are pre-glued. One day I came home with 7 of them.

They just throw out their samples books and are usually happy to have someone to give them too. You can find some really tiny patterns in those.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to taurus_

I do not know if you have ever done a dollhouse.... I just saw a dollhouse aisle in Hobby Lobby last week. I didn't even realize they had one. I see you are in Pa. Hobby lobby is a chain store

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But just wanted another opinion to make sure.

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to anda11

I'll have to check that out, thanks!

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to Henri Jean

That's a cool idea, I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to anda11

Thanks for the info. I did check out Hobby Lobby dollhouse wallpaper but that there were so many more choices if I used scrapbook paper.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to taurus_

I would choose scrapbook paper myself.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to anda11

Can't you just scan it into your computer and make it smaller? Or even take it to a scrapbook store and have it copied at a smaller size.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to dwelch

That is a great idea

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to anda11

I'd go the sample route!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to taurus_

in Torrance Ca there is a dollhouse hobby store right around the corner from my LSS. I love to go into that "mom & pop" store and just dream about making a huge Victorian dollhouse some day. I also love to look at all of the miniature stuff and often ponder using flat things in scrapbook/card projects.
If you haven't already done so, check for doll, dollhouse, train, radio-control, etc. stores in your area. You may discover a "hobby" store tucked away somewhere in a mini mall.

and the wallpaper in the dollhouse store just look like wallpaper greatly reduced in size. A cheap alternative might be scrapbook papers with a tiny pattern like dots.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics